18 Thoughts And 1 Piece of Hope

18 Thoughts And 1 Piece of Hope

Short thoughts about eighteen different aspects of my life from the past eighteen years, and one hope for the next.
28

On Saturday, August 5th I turned nineteen. Generally, it's not a milestone year, but I still think it's an important one to recognize. After all it is the year when "adulting" really starts kicking in. If you've read any of my previous articles or know me personally you will know that my last eighteen years of life have been anything but normal or easy, but they have been mine in a beautiful collection that is my story. That being said, here are eighteen thoughts on eighteen different pieces in my life from the last eighteen years, and one hope for the new year. Pray that this will be a blessing to you and that you would know how great full I am to have you in my life.

1. God

The relationship I cherish most of all, and the one that is the hardest fought. I screw up so many times, yet He shows me so much mercy, love, and forgiveness. There's not enough seconds in a forever for me to say how thankful I am for everything he has done. He is my rock, my God is who he says he is. He is my father and I love Him.

2. Mom

The greatest superhero I will ever know. We have bumped countless times, but I know that you love me through it all. You are an incredible role model of how one should act and respond to the daily struggles of life. You also poses a rare, genuine quality of care and understanding that needs to be made more common in today's society. All of your life you have committed yourself to serving God, providing for your kids, and helping families throughout the community. Though your riches on earth aren't great, your riches in heaven will be, so get ready for long lines and a heavy crown. You amaze me everyday, and I am forever grateful that God put us together. Much love.

3. Kaylie

I'm laughing already, not because you're funny, but because we've shared too many memories together, good, bad, and ugly! Your obsession with beauty bloggers and Youtubers always makes me laugh because I think they're kind of pointless. That being said, you have become a beautiful young adult who is not afraid to show her real self. It is a quality I admire in you greatly, one that I hope to achieve myself. Don't doubt your importance in this world; you are seen, you are known. Now, I just wish you'd be a little more organized. I can't wait to see how the next chapter of your life unfolds as you enter your senior year. Cheers!

4. Kendra

You are incredible. You have a heart of gold and a beautiful childlike approach to life. You don't let your disabilities define who you are, and you work hard to improve on the things you do struggle with. You are always there to lend a helping hand to anyone who needs it. Your love for others and God radiates from you, and you are a beautiful light in this dark world. Never doubt who you are because you are incredible. Keep smiling.

5. Church

A second home. Filled with people who are like family. From the beginning, the church has been nothing but generous, accepting, and loving towards my family, and we cannot say thank you enough. We would not have a lot of things in our life right now if it weren't for the church coming alongside of us. Through every season of our life the church has always been there for us, and I am so grateful that God placed us here.

6. Friends

The ones who make me smile and laugh like I never thought I could. From crazy bus rides, school trips, musicals, p.e. class, spontaneous adventures, and everything in between. You have helped sweeten the bitterness of life. For whichever season of my life you entered into, just know that I love you and I am so thankful for you. Always keep in touch and always be ready for a hug attack!

7. Art

The thing that runs through my veins seamlessly. Whether it's appreciating someone else's or creating my own, art has always captivated me like no other. A creation is always wandering in the back of my brain. I think it, I feel, I do it, I love it.

8. Music

The words to my thoughts when all else fails. An escape from the world around me. Whatever mood I'm in, I always listen to music. Song after song after song there is never a silent moment. It is how I begin to connect with other people; a language all its own.

9. Pets

For as long as I can remember, we've always had a mini zoo at home. Various animals from dogs, cats, rabbits, and even a mouse. Your presence in my life has been fun and therapeutic.

10. Books

Another beautiful escape. Reading truly is a portal into another world. Rain ydays are well spent in the company of a good book.

11. Coffee

Where do I even start? It's the thing that gets me up in the morning and keeps me going. Ever since I was a little girl in church I've always been drinking coffee. However now a days I prefer my coffee dark and strong because let's be real here life is rough. One could say I am the Asian version of Lorelai Gilmore.

12. Travel

The feeling of wanderlust flows deep inside my veins. Adventuring is one of my favorite things in the entire world, and one day I hope to explore it all. From coast to coast, country to country I love discovering new things, trying new foods, and experiencing different cultures. There is so much this world has to offer, and I think if you have the opportunity to experience something new you should take it no second guesses.

13. Missions

Sharing the word and love of God to those who need it truly makes my soul happy. Meeting with people and hearing pieces of their story is one of the most incredible experiences ever. In this field, hope and encouragement are a two way street that continuously intermingle.

14. Worship

Singing praises to my God is something I love to do so much. Now that I'm older I understand more of what I am singing and what it looks like to intentionally worship. I'm not just singing it to sing it, but I am doing it to show love, thankfulness, and to lift up my God. Worship is my main way of connecting with God on what's going on in my life. It's a time for vulnerability and honesty.

15. Photography

Seeing the world through a lens is something I've come to prefer over being in front of it. With a camera I am able to capture a moment and keep it forever. I'm able to see the world in different perspectives and genuinely appreciate all that is.

16. Writing

I beautiful outlet. I struggle with speaking and I am unable to communicate my thoughts to others in an efficient way. Sometimes I'll be able to get the point a crossed and other times I won't. Writing is the perfect middle man. I can think aloud as fast as my hands can type. No overthinking about presentation necessary. I love being able to share my thoughts with others and it's even better when I can communicate my point successfully. Writing is the perfect therapy for life.

17. School

I've never been the one to truly hate school, but nor have I been the one to love it completely. It's been a place for me to come out of my comfort zone, and well I guess learn a thing or two. I can definitely say I prefer preschool and nap-time over college and student debt! I do know and recognize that I am entirely blessed to be able to go to school and pursue a higher education, and I am truly grateful.

18. Boys

Let's just get the elephant out of the room and say "ew". Someone had to say it because everyone thinks it, but anyways this has always been an interesting part of my life. However, I will choose to leave the past behind me and look to the future. I know that God has a great plan for my life, and maybe that plan includes a great guy. I've learned to just let certain situations work themselves out and that's just what I intend to do with this. So, until God puts this great guy in my life I will continue to be happily single. Besides who needs a boy when you have a dog and cats.

19. A Vision

I am a creative thinker. I'm always creating something in the back of my mind: a design, a movie, a scenario or whatever else. My goal, my hope for this next year is to reach out to more people sharing the love of God through my creative means. I want to change how people view themselves. Not as how society deems them as, but as how God created them to be. I want people to know that they are loved and that they are seen and known. That now matter how small they think they are, they are still important and worth it.

So cheers to the new year and new possibilities.