18 Things You Should Thank Your Dog For

18 Things You Should Thank Your Dog For

Take the time to thank your furry friends for everything that they do for you!

146
18 Things You Should Thank Your Dog For

Having a dog means so much more than just having a "pet." When you add a dog to your household, you not only gain another member to your family, but a best friend as well. From the moment you bring them into your family, you form an instant connection with them that is unlike any other relationship you have.

From the nights you lay on the couch with their head on your lap watching your favorite shows, to the long walks you take in the park, you not only make their life better, but they make yours. Your dog says thank you to you every day by jumping on you waking you up in the morning or getting more excited than anyone when you come home at the end of the day, (or leave the house for 5 minutes). Even though they can't talk to us, we know that they love and appreciate the loving family they were brought into. We should take some time to thank them for everything they do for us.

1.For always listening to you.

Even though they can't actually respond to us, they will always sit there and listen to us rant about our days.

2. For being your friend, when people suck.

We all have those days where we just want to shut the world out, because let's be honest, people suck sometimes! Nothing helps more than just sitting in a quiet room with your dog ad not having to say anything at all.

3. For knowing when you're sad, and being there to comfort you when you are.

I don't care what anyone else says, dogs definitely know when you're upset. Whenever I'm having a bad day, or whenever I'm feeling really down, both my dogs will just come over and put their head on my lap, or lick my face.

4. For always being down to cuddle.

Even when they try to pull away when you hold them, you know that they love to cuddle.

5. For always being excited to see you.

No matter how bad of a day you had, coming home and having your dog running around, wagging their tail, so excited to see you is the best feeling. It's like the highlight of their day to have you come home, and it's the highlight of yours too.

6. For being there through the rough times.

People come and go, but your dog has always been a constant in your life. They were there during your hardest times, and never left you.

7. For being there for the best times, too.

8. For being goofy with you.

9. For loving you unconditionally.

Dogs are the only thing that will love you unconditionally, no matter what.

10. For comforting you when you're home alone.

I hate nothing more than being home alone, but it's always comforting to know that my dogs are there with me. They will be the first to tell you if they hear something outside, and being the protector of the house, they will sit by the door keeping an eye on things.

11. For being loyal to you.

Out of everyone and everything else in the world, your dog is the only thing you can count on for always being loyal to you. Their main goal is to just make you happy!

12. For never judging you.

The one thing that I think we all get tired of, is constantly being judged by everyone. No matter where we go, there is always going to be someone who judges you. Your dog is the one thing that doesn't care whether you're rich or poor, skinny or fat, or tall or short. They love you no matter what.

13. For always finding a way to make you laugh, even if they're not even trying.

For me, this will be my dog howling as soon as I walk in the door, his way of saying "hello" to me. No matter how bad of a day I am having, whenever he does that it puts a smile on my face.

14. For missing you when you're gone.

Your dog is the only thing that will not let a moment pass by where they don't miss you when you're gone.

15. For always getting you to go outside and be active.

I have two golden retrievers, which means they love to be active. Whether this be throwing the ball to them outside, or taking walks to the park, their energy helps keep me up and moving and exercising every day.

16. For always being there when you wake up.

Whether this be them jumping on you to wake you up, or simply coming in your room and licking you on the face, their cute fluffy faces are the best thing to wake up to.

17. For protecting you.

One thing your dog will always do is protect you. It doesn't matter if they are big or small, they will still always do their best to stand up for you. They can sense when you're in danger and will do anything to protect you because you're their family.

18. For being your best friend.

When you have a dog, you know that there is no other bond like the one you have. Take the time to thank them for everything that they do for you, and never take their fuzzy face, wet nose and warm kisses for granted!