18 Reasons Why Your Cat is Your Best Friend

Why, someday, you're going to be a crazy cat lady.

31
Katie Abramowich

Everyone has one: A best friend. And sometimes, that best friend isn't a person. Sometimes, it's a pet. Sometimes, that pet just happens to be a cat. A lot of the time, people don't understand why you love your cat so much and why you consider her your best friend, but, when it comes down to it, it doesn't even matter. Because that's how much you love your cat.

1. She's the cutest cat ever.

There is literally no cat that is cuter. Quite frankly, it is impossible for another cat to even come close to your cat's cuteness. She's on her own level

2. She's always there for you.

Whether you're laughing or crying, she's always there for you to cuddle with.

3. She loves to take selfies with you.

If half of your Instagram selfies aren't selfies with your cat, you're doing something wrong and you definitely need to reevaluate your life.

4. Together, you guys are #relationshipgoals.

You just know everyone wants the relationship you have with your cat. The one where you spend every waking hour and every sleeping hour together.

5. She would drop anything to FaceTime you.

Not many people would. She literally would be willing to FaceTime you any hour of the day, no matter what she was doing.

6. She loves to cuddle.

No one cuddles better than her. Cats make humans look like amateurs when it comes to cuddling.

7. She's soft.

Sometimes, you're jealous that her hair is softer than yours.

8. She's willingly your Netflix buddy.

Because who else are you going to watch your favorite Netflix series with?

9. You spend all of your free time with her.

There is literally no one you would rather spend time with. No one listens to you the way she does and she is down for any activity.

10. She's perfect in a way that no human could be.

Cats are perfect. Humans are not.

11. You miss her more than your family when you're away.

But don't ever tell them that. When you're away, your cat pulls at your heartstrings more than your family does. When you walk through the door, she's the first person you look for.

12. She's your best friend.

Because cats definitely make better friends than humans.

13. She's your date to every dance.

And you're sure to take a pre-dance picture with her every year. No matter how much cat fur ends up on your dress. Why would you have a date besides your cat?

14. She is the reason people tell you you're going to be a crazy cat lady someday.

I mean, they're not wrong.

15. You spend your entire break with her.

You would much rather see her than your human friends. They just don't understand the way she does.

16. You always share your bed with her.

Because why would she want to sleep anywhere else? Making your cat sleep on a pet bed would be cruel and unusual punishment.

17. She makes you want to buy every cat related thing that you see.

From the mug, to the plate, to the t-shirt to the bumper sticker, if it has a cat on it, you've probably looked at it and, even if only for a second, considered buying it. And you've probably received tons of cat related gifts.

18. She always listens.

She always has an ear to lend, and she never, ever, ever interrupts or tells you that you're dumb. She never has any negative feedback, actually.

And, in the end, no matter how many people call you a crazy cat lady, one thing remains true. Your cat is and always will be your best friend. You wouldn't trade her for a thing, and your love for her grows deeper everyday.