18 Reasons Why I Need Fall Right Now

18 Reasons Why I Need Fall Right Now

Summer is cool, but fall is better!

43
18 Reasons Why I Need Fall Right Now

Fall is undoubtedly my favorite season, and it's about this time every year that I start to notice that it is apparently a lot of other people's favorite season as well. That may be because they're just over the summer heat, or it could be that their love for fall just cannot wait any longer.

That being said, here are a few reasons why I need fall to hurry on up:

1. Cooler weather.

Yes, summer is great, but we can all agree that there comes a point when you just can't take any more of the sweltering heat, and when going outside seems more miserable than enjoyable. The feeling when you step outside and you feel like your face is melting off and your clothes are permanently glued to your body in a layer of your own sweat, yeah, I'm about done with that. I'm ready for the fall weather, where it's not too hot and not too cold. It's usually just around the perfect temperature.

2. Goodbye bugs!

Fall is the time where critters like spiders, mosquitoes, bees and other pesky bugs start to crawl back into the deep depths of the Hell that they came from...just another thing that this season blesses us with.

3. Halloween.

Well, this one should be obvious. Halloween is just a fun holiday for everyone. You get to dress up, party, walk around the streets like a hooligan, and best of all, there's free candy! (Even though we always grew up being told not to take candy from strangers, but every rule has its exceptions.)

4. Oktoberfests.

Everywhere! I, for one, have never been to an Oktoberfest, but during the fall they are going on all over the place. How could one not enjoy oneself with all of the beer, music, food and activities that an Oktoberfest provides?

5. Cute clothes.

Yes, summer has plenty of adorable wardrobe options, but something about the fall style makes my heart happy. Cute combat boots and comfy over-sized sweaters paired with jeans/leggings and a stylish scarf. Yes, please.

6. Bonfires.

Yes, of course you can have a campfire in the summer time just as well, but there's something about sitting outside on a cool fall night around the warmth of the fire with your friends while roasting marshmallows that makes it just a little more worthwhile.

7. Pumpkin Picking

What is not to love about pumpkin picking? There are some gorgeous pumpkin patches on Long Island, where I live. Whether you're going out with your date, friends or family, it's always an enjoyable time. And carving silly faces in them when you get home is always what I look forward to each year.

8. Apple picking.

This one may be even better than pumpkin picking. Even if you don't like pumpkin picking, I'm sure you love apple picking. How could you not? Fresh apple cider and apple pies. Yum.

9. New beginnings.

I know most people associate New Year's Eve/Day as a fresh start, but for me, it is September, when I'm heading back into the school year after an enjoyable break. I am refreshed and ready to go! To me, fall reminds me of a fresh start and a clean slate.

10. Pumpkin everything!

Pumpkin beer, pumpkin pie, pumpkin spice cookies, pumpkin spice lattes and I'm sure I could go on, but you get the picture.

11. The foliage.

Fall is a magical time. Everything is crisp and pretty. The trees are beautiful colors like bright yellow, orange and red. A nice walk is everything in the fall.

12. Thanksgiving.

Oh Thanksgiving, I feel like this is the real underappreciated holiday because people are so busy gushing about Christmas. But who doesn't love all of the food? Oh, and the friends and family coming together part, of course.

13. Almost Christmas!

There comes a time in fall when it is acceptable to start getting excited for everyone's favorite holiday! Christmas! Of course, now stores start advertising for Christmas in August. Anyway, that's besides the point. Fall signifies that we don't have much time until the holiday season.

14. Football season.

I love football. I don't know much about any of the players, so don't quiz me. And I don't know a whole lot about every rule either. I guess I should say I love the idea of football. I'll never turn down sitting and relaxing, watching a game and eating yummy "football food" with my boyfriend. Also, watching him indulge in his fantasy football league brawls is always funny.

15. Your favorite TV shows are back!

A lot of popular television shows usually return in the fall.. how many days till "The Walking Dead?"

16. Hayrides.

Most pumpkin patches do offer hayrides. It might seem silly, but something about sitting on a tractor being driven around in the dirt looking out into the pumpkin patches and corn fields brings out the joy of your inner child.

17. Haunted Houses.

Uhm..Hello! Is this even a discussion? This may easily be my favorite thing about the fall. Haunted houses are great if you like a good scare, and also great for dragging your friends that don't!

18. Cuddling.

Let's face it. Cuddling is much better when it's not too hot for blankets and when the idea of human contact doesn't make you sweat just from thinking about it.

There we go, 18 reasons why I need fall. Now let's get on with it already!