18 Problems Winthrop Students Know All Too Well

Real experiences every Eagle has encountered.

134
winthrop.edu

1. Interesting Thomson inventions

Most of us probably remember that week of waffle creations last year.

2. Rude Employees at the McDonald's across the street

I don't know if y'all have noticed but McDonald's has been putting the trash cans in front of the doors and closing the inside at 11 p.m. on the weekends when they used to close at 1 a.m. and you've probably never had a McFlurry at this McDonald's because the ice cream machine is always down.

3. Thirst on Yik Yak

99% of yaks are extremely thirsty. We can also remember two years ago when the Yak was very popular and we were paranoid about leaving our rooms in fear of being yakked about.

4. Loud Club Dacus

The livest club on Tuesday!

5. Cultural Events

You either have them all or you have none.

6. Winthrop (In)Secure

You can never rely on it. We've all been there, having a research paper due the next day when Winthrop Secure decides to have an insecure day.

7. Wingspan on registration day

The race to get classes is the struggle. We skip our current classes in order to get our classes for next semester.

8. Spirit Check

This is mainly a struggle for the naive freshmen during the first couple weeks of school. We've all been there, though.

9. Parking Wars

You circle around every residence hall three times, then you check the secret lot, then you go back to President's Circle. You accidentally zoom past a spot but as soon as you put the car in reverse, a car drives up behind you and steals it. Off to the back of Legion, you go!

10. Shortage of Cafe Cash

Who has any? The answer is Popeye's and Starbucks. They have it all.

11. Hating Asian Express, but loving Miso

We all jumped for joy when Markley's got rid of Asian Express. To top it off, we got a sushi place with very friendly Asian chefs!

12. Only wanting Ichiro when it's closed

Why are we so hungry when everything is closed? It doesn't help that McDonald's wants to close before their actual closing time, either!

13. Sirens

If I got a dollar of cafe cash for every siren I heard.

14. Overpriced Eagle Express

Why would I pay $6 for cereal?

15. The statue's eyes following you at night

Tell me I'm not the only one that sees it. Next time you walk on Scholar's at night, she'll be there and she'll be creeping.

16. Being late to class because of the Starbucks line

Starbucks always has me latte to my class.

17. Boring Rock Hill

You always ask your friends what they want to do, but there is literally nothing in Rock Hill. Cookout it is, then!

18. Thomson during Common Time

You're friend texts you saying they have chicken nuggets so you run to Thomson. Once you get there, you circle the cafeteria 3 times, hoping to find a seat. Once you find one, you look for the chicken nuggets but they ran out so they're serving meatloaf instead.

Despite all the problems we have, it's safe to say we are all one big #WUFam and we all love this school and our beautiful campus!