18 Goals For The First Semester Of 2018

18 Goals For The First Semester Of 2018

Make this semester the best one yet!

101
18 Goals For The First Semester Of 2018

As syllabus week comes and goes, the fresh start that comes with a new semester looks promising. Here are some goals, some academic some not, that can help you make this semester a successful one!

1. Use your planner

I'm sure the syllabus says when your exams are. Write them down now, and you're less likely to forget later!

2. Determine some long-term goals

Why are you doing what you're doing? Consider where you want to be in 10 years, and make sure the choices you're making are leading you to that goal.

3. Plan study time

If you know you have an hour break between two of your classes, plan that as an hour you spend at the library instead of going back to your dorm. Or, plan that you're busy studying on Wednesdays from 6-8. Even if you don't have an assignment due the next day, you'll always have something you could study. Tip: pick a day two days before your busiest day.

4. Go to office hours

Professors can be EXTREMELY helpful, especially because they literally went to school to know the information they're teaching you. Plus, establishing a relationship with your professors is going to be helpful when you need a letter of rec.

5. Have meaningful conversations

You already know people's hometowns and majors from welcome week -- ask something more meaningful and actually get to know people.

6. Eat more salad

Every dining hall has a salad bar, and we could all choose to use it more.

7. Study gradually

We all know cramming for a test isn't the best idea. Decide to study early -- you and your GPA will thank you.

8. Try something new

Step out of your comfort zone. You never know what could happen!

9. Go to the gym regularly

Use gym time as Netflix time. Watch Netflix while you workout, and it won't be as bad as just plain working out.

10. Explore an unfamiliar idea

The people around you probably have an opinion, religion, mentality, etc. that is different than yours. Learn about it and expand your perspectives.

11. Habitually check up on your friends

Make sure you're putting in the effort you want to receive. It's not always easy to be close to your friends when you're so busy, but that doesn't mean you can just block them out because you have a lot going on.

12. Pursue new people

There are so many people you haven't met yet! Start conversations with people you haven't really talked to before; you may meet some really great friends!

13. Do assignments early

We are all guilty of procrastination, but consciously trying to complete assignments as they're assigned will help you stay on the right track.

14. Do your make up/dress cute more often

Look cute, feel cute. Boost your confidence a little.

15. Eat less unhealthy food

This is a typical "resolution," but we all know we need to do it!

16. Explore campus

No matter how small your campus is, there's probably somewhere you haven't been. Grab a friend and go for a walk!

17. Be more social

Smile at the girl that lives down the hall or the cute boy in your class. Say hi. You never know who you could meet!

18. Take chances

It's a new year and a new semester. Make the most of it!