17 New Years Resolutions For 2017

17 New Years Resolutions For 2017

The key to a great year!
25

As the new year soon approaches, we need to start thinking about all of our New Year's resolutions. Take a look at this past year and ask yourself: what were the best things about this year? What were the worst? You can take these things and form a list of resolutions you wish to begin or continue. Being on top of the things you want to work on before the new year begins is what's really going to help motivate you work on your resolutions. If you need any ideas, here are 17 New Year's resolutions for 2017!

1. Get in shape.

You don't need to make a dramatic change, just try to eat healthier and exercise more. Don't let society tell you what the "ideal size" is. Just be you. Get in the shape that you feel the most confident and beautiful in.

2. Get a promotion at work/get better grades in school.

If you have a job, try your best to step it up and get a promotion or if you're in school aim for a higher GPA. Doing these things require hard work and dedication but the reward at the end will be worth it.

3. Stop procrastinating.

We all know that we're guilty of it, but as we get older we need to learn how to better manage our time.

4. Make new friends/grow closer with your friends.

Meeting new people and growing friendships is something you will be able to cherish about 2017. But also, growing closer with the friends you already have will also make you cherish 2017 because you will always look back at all the great times you had.

5. Spend more time with your family.

At the end of the day, your family are the people who always have and always will be there for you.

6. Take chances.

Don't be afraid to try something new. You never know what the outcome will be.

7. Boost your confidence.

One of the biggest things that holds us back from doing things is that we don't have enough confidence. Be confident in yourself and you will be able to achieve anything you put your mind to.

8. Get more sleep.

We're always complaining about never getting enough sleep. A lot of the time its due to spending too much time doing other things like watching TV or playing on our phones. While you shouldn't stop doing those things, do them less at nighttime when you know you need to get sleep.

9. Help others more.

Start volunteering or donating to your local charity. New Year's resolutions aren't just about you, but it's about bettering yourself and the world around you.

10. Change your style.

Sometimes what you need to help you achieve all of these New Year's resolutions is to change your style. It'll make you feel more confident and ready for whatever comes your way.

11. Learn something new.

Learning something new not only will advance your skills, but it will also make you feel more accomplished. Do something you've always wanted to do like learn the piano or how to cook. You'll be so proud of yourself in the end.

12. Travel more.

The world is filled with extraordinary places. Make sure you make time to check out what you haven't seen yet.

13. Spend less time on social media.

Related to getting more sleep, we need to spend less time on social media so we can use that time to do other important things such as your New Year's resolutions.

14. Cherish memories.

No matter what, good and bad things will happen in 2017. Don't forget to cherish the memories you will make in 2017 and cherish the memories from years past. Let your memories from the past push you to make an even better future.

15. Learn to face your fears.

Take any fear you have and use it to make you stronger. Don't be afraid, just go for it.

16. Be happier.

At the end of the day, making sure you are happy with yourself and your life is one of the most important things.

17. Actually follow through with your New Year's Resolutions.

But most importantly, actually follow through with these resolutions! Every year we say we will do these things but they always fall through. Don't let that happen this year! It's a new year, a new you. Let's make 2017 as great as can be.