17 Cringe Trends That Need To Stay In 2017, Thank You Very Much

Let's leave these cringe trends behind and start fresh in 2018.

1056

For whatever reason, 2017 brought us some of the weirdest and most pointless trends. The saddest part is that so many people were obsessed with them. But now it needs to end. These 17 cringey trends need to stay behind as we enter 2018.

1. Fidget Spinners

You flick a piece of plastic and it spins. Wow. You can even put it on you nose and call it a trick. Double wow.

2. Charcoal Toothpaste

Apparently covering your teeth in black powder will make them whiter. I've never seen so many people post videos of themselves brushing their teeth until this year. Personally, I will stick to mint toothpaste and whitening strips.

3. Weird Makeup Tools

Because someone sat there and thought "I'm going to use a condom to apply my makeup today" and then a couple thousand more people saw it on YouTube and decided they would do the same thing. Let's stick with brushes and beauty blenders in 2018.

4. Yeah Boi

Honestly, I am not sure why this was ever a thing but everyone wanted to completely deflate their lungs just to say "Yeah Boi".

5. Dabbing

Are you sneezing or are you dancing? Either way, just stop.

6. Cash Me Ousside Howbow Dah?

I don't think anyone on Dr. Phil has ever been this famous. Everyone used "Cash Me Ousside Howbow Dah?" as a comeback to anything anyone said. Good one.

7. The Floor Is Lava

I remember running errands and there were kids climbing on the shelves in the grocery store. Like excuse me, the floor isn't actually lava. Now move over so I can grab some orange juice.

8. Rompers for Men

I never actually saw any guys wearing rompers, but let's keep them for just women from now on.

9. Weird Eyebrows

Feather brows, squiggle brows, and even ponytail brows became trends. I'm still not sure who sits around and thinks of stupid trends like this but can they stay in 2017 as well?

10. AMOS

No one understood why Instagram created stories to copy Snapchat's stories. It's the same thing on different social media platforms but that seemed to really confuse people. Personally, I'm tired of people posting "AMOS", which means "Add Me On Snapchat," on their Instagram stories.

No one cares.

11. Bottle Flipping

Welcome to the modern world where we have cars that can drive themselves but kids are throwing bottles in the air. Like can we really not invent anything to entertain them?

12. Big Lips

When Kylie Jenner admitted she got lip injections I thought everyone would stop overdrawing their lips. Yes, it is obvious your lips aren't actually that big.

13. See Through Shirts

I don't want to see your bra. Your parents don't want to see your bra. But some perverts you walk past on the street might so I guess it's a trend.

14. Jeans Ripped In All The Wrong Places

Because you have to wear pants in public but no one said they have to cover skin.

15. DIY T-Shirts

I loved sitting at football games and watching all these girls walk past in brown splotchy football tees. It got even better when they tried to turn a t-shirt into a strapless shirt and they spent the entire football game pulling it up every 5 seconds.

16. Bitmojis

You have a small cartoon version of yourself. You must really be special. Now please keep posting videos of your animated self dancing. We are all really intrigued.

17. Oversized T-Shirts

Believe it or not, wearing shorts is still a trend. So stop walking around in a XXL t-shirt to cover your shorts. It's okay to let people see that you're wearing shorts.