17 Things You Immediately Start Doing When You Become A BGSU Falcon

Apparently hockey is your new favorite sport. Surprise!
76

BGSU Falcons are their own breed. This is partly because it is the most amazing university in the world and only attracts top people, but it is also because Falcons assimilate to their surroundings upon stepping foot on our very flat campus. If you don't do any of these things already, be prepared to do so.

1. You'll start to regularly watch hockey

Yeah, so what if you've never watched the sport before? Throw on your BG gear and get ready to pound on some glass because you're a hockey fan now. Surprise!

2. And begin to vehemently despise Toledo

Never been to Toledo before? Truly have no negative feelings toward Toledo? Appreciate certain aspects of the Toledo area? From Toledo? NOT ANYMORE. You now hate Toledo. If you're not making that vocally clear within your first week, just leave.

3. You'll begin to appreciate the orange and brown color combo

Yeah, we know orange and brown is a hideous combination but you have to love it now. Sorry!

4. Adapting to weather conditions will become a part of your skill set

Might as well throw a snow scraper, an umbrella, sunscreen and the will power to ensure ungodly amounts of wind in your bag: You'll see it all. In one day, no less.

5. You'll eat/drink at Dunkin... Probably daily

So what if you've never liked Dunkin before? Dunkin is now your breakfast. Your after class pick-me-up. Your favorite restaurant in the entire world.

6. You'll become a local food snob after eating at one local restaurant

You will eat Polleyeyes once, and after that, even if you just had it yesterday, if someone says they've never had it you will GASP and say, "you've never had Polleyeyes?!" Works with Pisanello's, Kermit's and just about any restaurant in Bowling Green.

7. You will brag about accomplishments your university has that you had nothing to do with

"Right, but Richard Webber from Grey's Anatomy went to Bowling Green, so get back to me."

8. Chanting Ay Ziggy Zoomba will become second nature. Never mind you have no idea what it means

Clap those hands. Do those awkward arm movements. Roll along, you BG warriors.

9. You'll find a new appreciation for a finely pressed orange pantsuit

No one pulls this style off more seamlessly than President Mazey, and we appreciate it.

10. You will walk right around literally everything for the rest of time

You only have to walk right around the seal, but the muscle memory will carry over to every round walkway for the rest of your life.

11. You'll begin using "Falcon" as a curse word replacement

You better start right Falcon now.

12. You'll begin referring to buildings as their genital resemblances

Yes, we know the Metamorphosis statue looks like a vagina and that the administration building looks like a penis. That is why we call them vagina rock and the penis building, and you should, too.

13. You will laugh in the face of our "mall," but will take advantage of its ridiculous movie ticket prices

We agree, most malls do have more than a Dumham's sports store and an Elder-Beerman, and yes, most malls have more than 4 cars in their parking lots at any given time. BUT, more often than not you can probably by your movie ticket with pocket change so don't complain too much.

14. Knowing the age limit and "coolness" of a bar will become second nature

Within the first weekend, you'll be able to ace a quiz on which bars you'll be able to get into (legally) and which ones are actually worth going to.

15. You will get more excited for St. Patrick's Day than Christmas

OK, maybe not that much, but we are weirdly obsessed with St. Patricks Day and you will celebrate this holiday with as much passion (and as much alcohol) as possible.

16. Ordering Insomnia Cookies/Cookie Jar will likely become a weekly experience

WHAT? You've never had cookie jar? Well, you better order yourself a dozen piping hot cookies to your door this instant.

17. You will see going to Kroger as an outing

Wal-Mart is the main source of groceries in this town, but damn it if you don't want the fresh fruit and elegant vibe of our remodeled Kroger.

18. You will become obsessed with The Birds

Hated mascots before? Were indifferent? Too bad, you now have to love them with your entire heart and hug them every time you see them.

19. You'll let a place you've never been before become your home

The craziest thing you'll do as a Falcon is take this objectively unappealing, flat town and turn it into your home and the hot spot for some of the best memories of your life. Go Falcons.