17 Things Women With Thick Hair Know All Too Well

191

It seems that we all want what we don't have and women with thick hair are no exception. We always say that we wish we didn't have such thick hair. Recently, I've discovered the other side of the coin; women with thin hair wish that they had thick hair. I read an article on some of the things that women with thin hair struggle with, and I couldn't help but think that some of them sounded pretty good to me.

To the women with thin hair who wish that they had thick hair, take a look at some of the struggles that women with thick hair face, and then decide whether or not you still wish you had thick hair. To the women with thick hair, let us stand in solidarity as we reflect on the things that we know to be true.

1. Hair brushes are flimsy and weak.

RIP to the broken hairbrushes and bristles that your thick hair has brutally massacred.

2. Shedding is something humans can do too.

If you run your hands through your hair, especially while in the shower, your hand is not coming out alone.

3. The feeling you get when someone asks why you didn't brush your hair that day.

Don't they know that your hair will just become one big poof if you brush it?

4. Clips do nothing for you unless they're jumbo-sized.

Perfect! That should do it.

5. Bobby pins get easily lost in your hair.

Where did they all go? Time to do the ol' Harry Styles hair shake to get them out.

6. Tangles are inescapable.

We know The Little Mermaid is unrealistic because a dinglehopper couldn't actually brush through Ariel's thick hair that easily.

7. Other people don't know how to brush your hair without yanking.

Even our own mothers have given us some whiplash from their yanking.

8. Humidity is thine enemy.

If the local news station says that the humidity level is going to be high, I'm staying inside.

9. Shea butter is thine BEST. FRIEND.

Products such as shea butter, argan oil, and coconut oil make even the toughest of hair silky and smooth. They're miracle workers. Trust me on this.

10. The feeling you get when someone says "Can I play with your hair?"

I mean, unless you want your hand to get stuck, you probably shouldn't.

11. What your eyebrows would look like if you never touched them.

I don't know how it works so well with people such as Cara Delevingne -- on me, they look like two huge caterpillars who might also be conjoined twins.

12. You can't put sunglasses on top of your head.

Save yourself the pain and awkwardness of trying to get them out of your hair.

13. Your bedroom floor is like the floor at the salon.

Hair. EVERYWHERE!

14. Blowouts and curling your hair take way too long.

You need to wake up three hours early just to have time to do it.

15. You can't have thick hair on your head without having thick hair everywhere else too.

Just call me Chewbacca!

16. Hairdressers feel obligated to tell you how much hair you have.

Oh, do I have a lot of hair? I didn't notice!

17. Thick hair is to hair types as sweatpants are to clothing.

The sweating is real. Why do I have to suffer in the summertime just because I have thick, luscious locks?

Turns out, having thick hair isn't as glamorous as movies and television make it out to be. It's actually really hard to maintain, which is why you'll often see girls with thick hair opting for a bun, or to go all natural because it's much easier than actually having to deal with it. I have found myself wishing for thin hair more times than I can count. Having thick hair is a hassle -- but at the same time, I know that our natural volume is coveted by others. I don't know what it's like to wish that I had thick hair, so I can't say which is better or worse than the other.

In any case, the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Let's embrace our natural hair instead, no matter what our struggles are!