17 Things I Wanna Do in 2017

17 Things I Wanna Do in 2017

"If you don't do it now, when?"

777
17 Things I Wanna Do in 2017

2017. It's going to be a new year, which means new goals, new experiences, new mistakes, and possibly a new haircut. As this year begins, here are 17 things that I would want to do and change as the new year approaches.

1. Call People More:

I am the worst at this. In today's age, it's so convenient just to send a quick message to see how someone is doing, or to tell them know you're thinking about them that day, but calling someone is where deep, meaningful conversations happen.

2. Work Out Consistently:

I am also the worse at this. I can make myself go to the gym and get a good workout in, but I don't keep a consistent groove going.

3. Try Out A New Restaurant:

I know what I like, so I am prone to just sticking to my "usual" at most restaurants, but I want to be able to expand my palette in the new year.

4. Read A New Book:

I love reading and sometimes when you are in school, you don't get to do that often, so I hope to make time to read a new book.

5. Travel Somewhere New:

Traveling is my favorite past time and going somewhere new will be enticing!

6. Tell Someone About Jesus:

This one I only pray that the spirit will lead me to this opportunity, if I stop and listen.

7. Go On A Camping Trip:

Camping is good for my soul, because I like being in the stillness of nature. I also do my best thinking out in the woods.

8. Being More Proactive When It Comes To School:

When it comes to school, I can wait until the absolute last minute to get something done that I put in half the effort, or when someone brings something up first that I should have thought about a week before, so this year, I want to be able to change that and be more proactive before things sneak up on me and I stress myself out.

9. Tell The People Closest To Me, I Love Them More:

Growing up, "I love you" wasn't something we said. It's not that we didn't love each other- we did, but we just didn't vocalize it as much as we do now.

10. Pray More:

I, sometimes, let my emotions get the best of me, but praying while I am feeling those emotions can make me feel a lot better than if I just vented them out.

11. Challenge Myself To Become Better:

It's easy to just say, "I've done all I could do," and be content, but this year I want to be able to challenge myself in different ways, so that I can become a better person and grow.

12. Love More:

I have said this before, but if you know me, "I love "love." I want to be able to show those I know and strangers a like that they are so loved.

13. Enjoy The Little Things More:

It's easy to get caught in possessions, having to do well in school, that sometimes just being able to get into my car, and talk to my family and friends, and having somewhere to worship is all that I need.

14. See My Family More:

I have cousins and aunts and uncles in my hometown, that I don't get to see that often, but as this year approaches, I want to be able to see them more since they are growing old just as much as I am.

15. Be More Spontaneous:

Ever since I started college, 5 years ago, I have always had the tendency to plan out everything, which I never did when I was a teenager. Everything was last minute and "on the flow of things," which I loved so much. It kept life fun.

16. Thank God More:

Sometimes, I can be so absorbed in school, or my problems that I forget to thank God for living another day. He solely is what keeps me going.

17. Have More Fun:

The ones closest to me will probably tell me that I need to lighten up, because I do get bogged down with certain circumstances and school, that sometimes I just need to let loose and have a good time!

As 2017 quickly approaches and you want to change or better yourself, don't be afraid to go do it!