17 Things To Do During Winter Break

17 Things To Do During Winter Break

How to enjoy the holidays.
18293

Exams are over and winter break is here! Time to relax and have some fun, but rather than spending your whole day in bed, even if it does include puppy cuddles, there are so many other great ways to spend your time. If you're looking for fun and useful ways to use your winter break, look no further.

1. Visit Friends

You have a whole month at home and you're bound to want to go out for food at some point, while you're going out, invite some old friends to tag along with you and spend the time catching up with one another.

2. Bake Holiday Desserts

I love to bake and there's no better time than the holidays to do so. There are so many goodies you have time, and the space, to make. You can even package them up and send them to friends and family to enjoy.

3. Volunteer

There's no better way to spend your time than spending it helping those who need it. Look up any places to volunteer in your home town. Especially during Christmas time many places are looking for an extra helping hand.

4. Purge Your Closet

To go along with the volunteering, with all this extra time on your hand, you can spend it cleaning out your closet and donating all your old clothes that you don't wear anymore to those who need it.

5. Gift Shopping

You could spend the time shopping for your loved ones and finding them the perfect gift.

6. Cozy Day In

On those cold or rainy days it can be hard to muster up the energy to get out and doing something. These days are reserved for cuddling up in Christmas pajamas, on the couch, with your hot chocolate and puppy, watching Christmas movies.

7. Ice Skating

At this time of the year, depending on where you live, many cities set up temporary outdoor ice skating rinks. Grab some friends or that special someone and head out one night to enjoy some fun.

8. Christmas Tree Farm Visit

North Carolina is one of the states known for their Christmas trees. If your state is known for Christmas trees, or even if they aren't, it's always fun to walk around a Christmas tree farm or lot and pick out the perfect tree for your home.

9. Pinterest DIYs

Pinterest is basically every girls weakness. During break you could try out all those fun looking DIYs you've always wanted to try. You can also share with your friends whether they worked out or not before they try.

10. Plan a Christmas Party

To catch up with friends and family that you've been separated from for a whole semester, you could plan a small, or large, Christmas party. You could include a gift exchange, cookie exchange, or caroling.

11. Christmas Caroling

As the Code of the Elves states, "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all the hear." Grab a few of your friends and go out Christmas caroling in your neighborhood to help spread some Christmas cheer to others.

12. Remodel

If it's time for a new paint color and decor in your room take this time off to spruce up your bedroom so next time you come home you can come home to a pretty, new room.

13. Clean Up

Home all day with nothing to do? Feeling nice? Clean up your house for your parents. They work all day and now that you're gone they don't have as much help around the house. Spend a day a week cleaning up the house to help them out.

14. Coffee Run

Cold (or not so cold) winter days call for some good coffee. Instead of hiding out in your home, go out to your local coffee shop and enjoy a nice cup there.

15. Work Out

Majority of New Year's resolutions revolve around health. So why not start now, that way when the New Year comes around you're already in the habit and it'll be easier for you to keep your resolution. Spend your mornings working out rather than crashing on the couch.

16. Learn to Cook a Good Meal

One thing you should do before becoming a full fledged adult is learn to cook at least one good meal. During winter break you could learn to cook that one good meal and have your family try it out at dinner when they come home.

17. Enjoy Being Home

We don't realize how much we really miss our own bed, our family, and home cooked food until we've gone so long without it. While there are so many fun activities you can do while you're home for the holidays, remember to enjoy your relaxing time at home surrounded by familiar faces and a comfortable environment.