Add to Collection
To add this article to a collection, you must be logged in.
The addiction is real.
You did it. You caved in and got a Fitbit. At first it was just an awkward, clunky band you wore on your wrist. Then it became an obsession. Now you are constantly checking your steps and checking your standing in the workweek hustle. You are beginning to wonder if it is even worth working out when you aren't wearing it.
1. Lazy days spent on your couch make you feel that much more guilty
You know you've hit rock bottom when you can't even make four-digit steps.
2. You have tan lines from your Fitbit
Good thing no one will ever have to see it besides you because you never take it off.
3. That 20-minute walk to class isn't as many steps as you thought it was
Only 1,000?? You've got to be kidding me.
4. You love meeting a fellow Fitbitter
5. You always wear it out with you
Can't miss out on those steps walking home from the bar when your ride never comes.
6. You feel empty when you realize your Fitbit has been dead all day and none of your steps counted
What was the point of all that walking?
7. You realize you've been greatly overestimating how many calories you burn in a day
Time to reconsider your food choices.
8. Sometimes you pace around your room at 11:50 p.m. just to make sure you reach your daily step goal
Need. 10,000. Steps.
9. You start exercising solely to see the numbers on your wrist go up
An hour at the gym will give you an insane amount of steps.
10. When people tell you they think Fitbits are stupid, you get personally offended
They're just jealous they don't have one.
11. The Workweek Hustle is your biggest priority.
Yes, you have three tests this week, but you are only 2,475 steps behind first place!
12. You have a competitive group message going between your Workweek Hustle crew
13. You always tell everyone you're with when you get 10,000 steps
As soon as that Fitbit buzzes when you reach your goal, you need to tell everyone around you.
14. If you skip a day wearing it, you need to explain why your step count is so low to your friends
I swear I walked more than that. You have to believe me!
15. Exercise that you can't wear your Fitbit for is a waste of time
Like swimming, paddle boarding, surfing, basically anything involving water. Maybe they should make a waterproof Fitbit.
16. You start to realize how bad your sleep schedule is
47 minutes restless, 11 minutes awake, I thought I had a good night of sleep.
17. You feel bad for everyone who doesn't have one
But also are secretly jealous because they aren't addicted like you.
Find this interesting?
Never Miss A New Article
The Odyssey Email Newsletter sends you personalized recommendations of articles and videos.