Many people say that 2016 was a bust year. However, entering the new year with this type of outlook will set up 2017 to be an uphill battle. Before sulking in the pits of last year and dragging them into the future, consider some of the positive things you have going for you this year. Here are 17 things to be thankful for in 2017:
1. The freedom to bicker, complain, or support politics.
2. Social media and it's networking capabilities.
3. Local businesses that can make shopping more fun.
4. The opportunity to attend school.
5. Toilet paper.
6. Discounted candy after the holidays.
7. Morgan Freeman's voice.
8. The freedom to practice your religion.
9. Google as a resource for information.
10. Google Translate.
11. Lower gas prices than years' past.
12. Friends who can make staying up late worth it.
14. Coffee shops.
15. Home coffee brewers when you can't make it to the coffee shops.
16. Police officers and other public service men and women.
17. Those good-hearted, selfless people who are lending helping hands each and everyday under the radar of the mass media.
Enter 2017 with a positive mind! The world isn't all bad, and a new year means new opportunities, so cease them! Remember to say "thank you" more often. Keep in mind that your worst day could be someone else's best day.