For some girls, makeup is a fun, occasional activity for nights out and special events. For others, it is a necessary evil for dates and family parties. For those like me, it is not only the perfect hobby and pastime but an art.
People always have something to say about makeup, whether positive or negative. Here are just a few examples of things that, as a makeup aficionado, you just get:
1. People constantly ask you why you have a full face of makeup on.
2. And the answer is always "Because I wanted to and it looks good. Like, what's the issue?!"
3. No matter how many times you practice it, applying winged eyeliner never gets easier or quicker.
4. Free time or boredom always leads to watching makeup tutorial videos on YouTube.
My fav is Carli Bybel!
5. To perfect your makeup, it takes a while.
Like sometimes over an hour just for makeup, but man is it worth it in the end.
6. Lip liner.
Need I say more?
7. Filling in your eyebrows is the toughest part of makeup.
Too much can make you look crazy and fake but too little can make you look like you have no eyebrows.
8. Contour and highlight can be a freakin' process, but the results are just divine.
9. Forever having to do eyeshadow for all of your friends because you're the pro and they have no idea between an eye shadow brush and a blending brush.
10. You secretly love doing their makeup: it gets done correctly, flawlessly and they are amazed by your talent.
11. You're broke because most high-quality makeup products are like $50 each.
12. Each brush is also $40. And you need all of them.
13. You have your "go-to" base products.
Under-eye concealer, mascara and powder foundation equals makeup in a rush.
14. However, you usually have a full face of makeup on with contour and highlight...or you look homeless with negative makeup.
There are only rare occasions where this does not apply.
15. Doing your makeup in front of your "makeup virgin" friends can be a special kind of torture.
"What is that?"
"Why are you doing that?"
"How do you do that?"
"That's what you use that for?"
16. Eyelash curlers are the necessary evil...because of that one terrible experience in seventh grade we all had.
R.I.P. my eyelashes.
17. You're dying to try the new Kylie Jenner Lip Kit. It is a must.
Whether it sucks or it's great, you need to try it.
Can I get an AMEN ladies? These are things just known in the world of makeup and, as a makeup freak myself, I can attest to these facts. To all my fellow makeup lovers, may your brows always be on fleek and your highlighter brighter than your day.