17 Things I learned

17 Things I learned

in 17 years

5
17 Things I learned

No matter how old you are in life, you'll always be learning something new basically everyday even if you don't realize it. Life comes with many obstacles you have to overcome. Nothing is guaranteed in life, not everything is fair in life. I believe that is the reason why we are who we are. Everyone is different, their lives, personality, looks, experiences; although everyone is similar in a way. If you look at every person in the world you would not be able to see what they have gone through, some people's lives look perfect as if they have been through nothing. Sometimes it's extremely obvious when someone has been through something whether they plaster it all over social media, or if someone has just changed in the past year, positively or negatively. In any situation, every person handles in differently. Which is a big reason as to why a person is who they are. I can say from my own aspect I tend to look at things from a more negative aspect.I always think sitautions/events are going to end up horribly. Basically I just hope for the absolute worst. I try so hard to be positive about everything, which in many cases I actually am. But in social events, first day of school, first soccer game, meeting new people, getting a new job, literally anything that involves other people it's almost as if I freeze; my mind will go to a complete 360 and I start to tell myself that no one will like me, I am going to let a goal in and let my team down, people are going to think I am weird. To me that is absolute hell. It's difficult to feel like everything will go right all the time, but what is most important in my eyes is the lesson you learn. From anything as to making a new friend, to losing a friend, being late for work, or even just a conversation you have with someone. Basically anything you do can lead to something you'll learn, Here are 17 things that I have learned by the age of 17.

1. It's okay to lose friends.

Especially once you get into high school. I basically lost every single one of my friends by senior year, People go down their own paths, find different hobbies, and just outgrow each other. This is normal and there's nothing wrong with it. Meet new people who you can see a long term friendship with.

2. Life is worth waiting for happiness

Throughout the past year and a half I have struggled so much with being happy. To add to that, a big part of it was because of me losing friends. Looking back on my experience with losing friends and becoming so unhappy, I just think it wasn't worth it; because now I have better people in my life. If you are ever feeling like life just isn't worth it anymore because you are so unhappy please give it a few days weeks months because it gets better.

3. Anyone who hurts you, isn't worth your time

You'll find the right people who deserve to be in your life. If someone hurts you, don't let them back in because the chances of them being different is very slim.

4. You do you

This one to me is very very important. My friend Rae ALWAYS says this to me anytime I want to do something but am to worried about what other people will think. Do what you want, no matter what other people say.

5. If it won't matter in five years don't spend over five minutes mad at it

Why spend over five minutes mad about something if in about 5 years it won't even matter? Whats the point of being mad when you can just be happy. Life throws shitty situations at you but if you look ahead and think if it will matter when you're in college with new people around you, living basically a whole different life, don't stay mad. Brush it off and go on with life.

6. Surround yourself with people who make you love your life

Being around people who make you feel so negative, and like life isn't fun at all isn't the right people to hang out with. To be honest I am still trying to find my friends who make me love my life. Life isn't only about gossiping and talking shit about other people. There so much to life, you should be able to experience it with people who make you so happy.

7.You have yourself

There are so many times I always felt alone and nobody to really turn to. But after time I have realized that at the end of the day the only person you 100% have is yourself. Forever and always you'll have yourself, and you decide how you will go about with that.

8. Love your mom

Everybody's relationship with their mom is different. My mom and I hardly tell eachother we love eachother, but I do love her. She does so much for me and my sister. She is an amazing woman and I bet yours is too. Appreciate her more than anything because one day she'll be gone, and you'll never know when that day will be.

9. Always be kind to people

You never truly know what someone is going through in their personal life, be as nice as you can to be people. That even means if they are being so rude.

10. Forgive and forget

Although I said don't let someone back in if they hurt you, at least forgive them. Life is too short to hold grudges, be civil with each other. It's probably one of the best things to do otherwise you walk past someone you have a grudge on and it's awkward for the both of you. forgiveness is key.

11. 24 hour rule

Originally I heard this from my sports during school time. That if one of an athlete's parents was upset with their coach, they were to wait 24 hours to send an email or phone call or anything. Wait 24 hours to really see if you're mad at your best friend for ditching you for her boyfriend, or not texting back. If you are still mad confront them, if you're not leave it be.

12. Be a role model

Honestly, hearing a younger girl tell me they look up to me is probably my favorite thing ever. I am one of the oldest in my family out of my cousins and I have a little sister, I also play soccer and all the younger girls practice with us. Whether you're a boy or girl, having a younger kid look up to you is such a great feeling.

13. Being dumb on purpose isn't very cool lol

Don't try act stupid because you think that's what a boy will like. Be smart, study, get good grades, it will pay off.

14. Failing a test isn't a bad thing

Even though I just said to get good grades and to study. Failing a test isn't the end of the world. Getting a B when you normally get an A isn't a big deal. So just take your grade and quit worrying so much about bombing a test.

15. Post as many selfies on instagram as you want

Don't let people tell you it's annoying, if you feel pretty post the picture. Everyday if you want.

16. Love yourself

"Change the things about yourself that you can, accept the things you cannot change."

17. Have fun

It's as simple as that.

66

55555555+

6