17 Things Every Procrastinator has Said

17 Things Every Procrastinator has Said

You're procrastinating right now aren't you?

497
17 Things Every Procrastinator has Said

Let's face it-- we all have something we like to put off to the last minute. Whether it be homework, studying, papers, you name it, we all procrastinate on something. Some of us have a tendency to procrastinate more than others, at times on purpose and other times we do it unconsciously. We like to find as many excuses as possible to push off work until it absolutely has to be done. Here are just a few that any procrastinator may say:

1. "I'll do it tomorrow."

Or the next day, or the day after that.

2. "My room looks awfully messy."

And you should definitely clean it before doing any work.

3. "Did I do my laundry this week?"

Can't have that basket full of clothes distracting you.

4. "Where is that funny video I saw last month?"

And then you somehow end up reading a Wikipedia article on the history of spaghetti.

5. I need a quick break.

"All I need is 15 minutes. I swear!"

6. "Just one more episode."

Otherwise all you will be thinking about is that cliffhanger.

7. "I should really check my messages."

What if someone sent you something really important a hour before your assignment was due?

8. "It's rude to say no when you're invited out to eat."

And we definitely don't want to seem rude.

9. "I still have 6 hours. No problem!"

I mean that a quarter of the day.

10. "A power nap will give me the energy I need to focus on this."

A power nap is like a hour or two, right?

11. "It's not worth that many points, it can't take so long to do."

Your grade doesn't hinge on this one assignment, right?

12. "My desk looks like it needs to be reorganized."

Cluttered desk, cluttered mind.

13. "I should go workout and take my mind off of things."

A nice jog should clear your head enough to focus.

14. "It might snow tomorrow, so I probably have more time to do it."

It says it will snow, so class is practically cancelled.

15. "I can get this paper done in an hour"

You've probably done in in less time that that too.

16. "I work best under pressure."

Sometimes you just need the right motivation.

17. "Due tomorrow. Do tomorrow."

It's our motto.