17 Products That Hold Up During Rush

17 Products That Hold Up During Rush

Sweat proof, blister proof, heat proof, smiling-for-hours-on-end proof.

64
17 Products That Hold Up During Rush
http://utmartinphotography.tumblr.com/

Sorority rush is just around the corner, and let’s be honest, this also means uncomfortable feet, halitosis from excessive talking and, shall we say, “dewy” faces — we don’t get oily, we glow. Here are 17 products to share amongst your bump groups for errant fly-aways, unexpected blisters and shiny noses:

1. Altoids.

The room is hot, you’ve been standing for a while without water, so of course your breath is probably not at its freshest. Altoids are easy to chew down between groups, and the tagline “curiously strong” is indicative of their lasting power.

2. Batiste.

Again, if you are going through rush anywhere below the Arctic circle, you are most likely within the throws of a blazing August summer. Spray this stuff on your roots after styling, and it will keep volume in, soak up oil and release a fresh scent throughout the day.

3. Milk of Magnesia.

Summer is a breading ground for oily skin, and even if you have normal skin through the rest of the year, use Milk of Magnesia to absorb oil on any of your shiny areas. Simply put it on with your fingers or cotton bud, let it dry and apply your foundation like normal. Should it leave a white cast, just take wet washcloth or tissue and run it lightly over the area.

4. Essie's Barefoot and Topless nail polish.

The best, easiest nude nail polish to apply and forget about. After two coats and a top coat, this won’t chip for the entire week of recruitment and gives a polished (see what I did there) look to each day’s recruitment outfit.

5. Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation.

In the heat and in a hurry, the less products, the better. Enter Covergirl Outlast Foundation, with a built in primer and concealer. Basically, it leaves a matte finish, lasts for ages and has a colors that match even the most translucent of skin tones.

6. Moroccan oil.

With any luck, humidity will strike — don’t be caught by surprise. One or two pumps of this worked from the bottom of the ear to the ends of your hair will tame the mane.

7. Tigi Bed Head Masterpiece hairspray.

Smells great and holds like a death grip — the ONLY hairspray you'll ever need.

8. Blister cushions.

So you had to buy a pair of flats specifically for recruitment, didn’t you? And you promised yourself that you would break them in over the summer, didn’t you? But instead, you just wore your shoes that you know won’t break your skin within 10 paces, didn’t you? Never fear, Blister Blocker is here. Put these on your heels and pinky toes and say goodbye to sores the size of quarters on your feet.

9. St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse.

Use this and get a subtle glow, perfect for photos and staying age-spot free. Be sure to buy the mitt, and give it a test run a few weeks beforehand. You’ll be surprised how long it lasts, even when the back of your knees are sweating like a turkey the week before Thanksgiving.

10. Tarte Smooth Operator Setting Powder.

I’m on a bit of an oil absorbing kick aren’t I? Well, let's not stop. Put this stuff over your makeup and your foundation won’t come off until the second coming.

11. Urban Decay De-Slick Setting Spray.

Use in tandem with the product above, and stay fresh through the entire day.

12. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey.

A true your-lips-but-better color, plus lasts well into sisterhood chants.

13. Certain Dri.

Let’s be real, things get funky when its over 80 degrees outside. Things get even funkier when there are 100 of you crammed into a room. Wear this stuff with your regular deodorant, and forget worrying about obvious sweat stains.

14. Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gioia Perfume.

A room full of vanilla, coconut and cupcake body mists can sometimes be overwhelming. Spritz this fresh, long lasting fragrance and set yourself apart from the Bath & Body Works confectionary crowd.

15. L'Oreal Paris the Super Slim Eyeliner.

This. Doesn’t. Budge. Consider it as stubborn as bull and tough as a $2 steak.

16. Gatorade powder mix.

One canister has enough scoops to fill your entire pledge class’s water bottles, and you will need to be extra hydrated through the days ahead. Plus, the extra calories Gatorade provides can cut hunger for the last hour of conversation.

17. Starbucks napkins.

After you order your drink with a few (dozen) extra shots, grab a healthy handful of these on your way out. Pull them apart to a single ply, and use them as a free alternative to oil-absorbing sheets.