15 Instagram Posts That Accurately Describe Virtual Learning In College

Let's be real, this has been one of the hardest semesters of our lives...

37

A year ago, I would've never thought that we would be nearing a year into lockdown because of a pandemic. At this point last year, we were just now hearing about coronavirus spreading in China. Here we are, a year later, with most of the world still affected by it. I completely underestimated how hard doing school online would be.

I remember sometimes begging my parents to let me do high school virtually because I was tired of having to wake up early. Little did I know, this is extremely difficult. As a sophomore in college, my motivation has been at an all time low. It's been so hard to do even the easiest assignments.

However, I know I'm not the only one going through this. To provide some much-needed humor, I gathered some relatable posts about virtual learning in college that'll hopefully make you giggle.

The infamous 11:59pm deadline.

I feel like 11:59 PM has taken on a whole new meaning of stress and deadlines. The worst, though, is when you have that one professor that makes things due earlier than 11:59 PM and you don't realize it until it's too late..

Oh, the mental and emotional exhaustion.

If there's one thing I've learned this semester, it's that online schooling takes burnout to a whole different level than I had ever thought possible. It also basically makes you question your entire career path.

The university's golden catch-22.

If the universities really cared about us and our well being, maybe they shouldn't assist us with our mental breakdowns? Likewise, maybe every professor shouldn't act like their class is the only one that exists and that we have all the time in the world.

Even our pets are tired of our insane workloads.

My sleeping schedule is basically nonexistent at this point. Because I have no motivation, I always start my work late and my dog looks at me like I'm crazy...

For all of the procrastinators in the room.

One of my only sources of motivation at this point is the due date. Nothing works better than being under pressure I guess.

We cannot stress this enough.

The worst days are when I wake up, start scrolling through TikTok, then realize that it's 2:00 PM and I've basically wasted my entire day.

The point when 11:59pm doesn't give you anxiety attacks anymore.

After a while though, "due at 11:59 PM" doesn't phase you anymore. Sometimes, you might even want your professor to change it up a bit to be the tiniest bit original. The catch-22 however, is getting mad at your professors for doing exactly that and completely ruining your routine.

Sleep when you can, where you can.

I will use any time possible to catch up on sleep. Even if I wake up 2 minutes before my alarm goes off, you best believe I'm gonna shut my eyes again for those two minutes.

We've become our own teachers at this point. 

I never realized how much I would miss the face-to-face interaction with my professors. Sometimes, it feels like they aren't even there and communication is really detached.

The classic "everything will be okay" speech that you know is a lie.

I think that we've all been there at least once this semester... or a few times. Okay, maybe 5 days a week at minimum.

This is just too real.

This is also something I never thought about. It is so much more nerve-wracking speaking on Zoom than normally in class. It is also really awkward because you usually try to start talking at the same time as someone else and it's a mess. 10/10 would not recommend.

Let's be real with ourselves for a minute.

Ironically, then we wonder why we didn't learn anything during our classes and have to teach ourselves the material so that we understand the assignment.

Dear Professors, just put all the assignments in one place!

I don't think we'll ever truly understand why our professors do this. Just put everything in one place - it's not that hard.

How though?

It seems like we were slightly more responsible in high school with our time management and attentiveness. It might not be saying much, but you can't tell me there isn't still a drastic difference.

After all, it's that time of the semester. 

After everything they've put us through - good, bad, or indifferent, the time of reckoning is here.

This semester has had more than its fair share of difficulties. Overall, though, we need to celebrate the little victories. After all, we're going through a pandemic. Yes, procrastination is inevitable sometimes. Just imagine how much we'll appreciate things being back to normal when this pandemic is behind us!