17 Pieces Of Advice For Every Incoming College Freshman

Have fun and don't give up!
16

To all the incoming college freshman,

You are in for a brand new ride, one that you have never been on before. As you embark on this journey I would like to share some of my advice with you all.

1. No matter how much you say you hate where you are from, no matter the reason, you will miss it when you're at school.

2. Focus on your grades, but also make sure to focus on your friends and yourself sometimes.

3. One bad grade will not kill your GPA, but many will. Keep that in mind.

4. If you have to retake a class, don't be ashamed. Just go at it a little harder and with more effort, seek out tutoring if you have to.

5. Use every resource that your campus has to offer you, whether it be a tutoring center or the gym, use it all to your advantage.

6. Make friends with at least one person in each of your classes in case you miss a day and need to get notes or the homework.

7. Talk to people, make friends. It's OK to be social.

8. If study groups or sessions are offered for a class, go to them! These will help for tests!

9. It's OK to be afraid. You are in a brand new environment after all.

10. Go to your professors office hours!

11. Ask for help when you need it!

12. It's OK to be homesick sometimes, but try to stick it out!

13. It's also OK to live at home and commute because you can still make friends!

14. If you need a mental health day take it, but be wise with the days you skip and how many you take!

15. Engage in discussions in the classroom! Your professors will love it and it will help you understand the material better!

16. Find people with a common interest as you and make friends or even start or join a group!

17. Most importantly, have fun and don't give up even when it gets hard because it will!