17 Misconceptions Of LGBT+ People That Need To Stop

We are all human, no matter who we choose to love or what gender we choose to be.

73
Wikimedia

Considering recent events, I know that standing back and accepting open discrimination is something that the LGBT+ community just doesn’t do. I made a list of 17 referencing that it’s 2017 and people need to stay the hell out of the business of other’s personal lives when it doesn’t regard them. All that happens is rumors are spread and baseless, fact less information enters our field. With that, regarding their sexual orientation and/ or gender identity, LGBT+ people are not:

1. Unqualified

2. A disruption

3. Invisible

4. A distraction

5. An abomination

6. Worthless

7. Confused

8. In a phase

9. Faking it

10. Disturbed

11. Dangerous

12. Mentally ill

13. A waste of space

14. A bad influence

15. Unholy

16. Attention-seekers

17. Weak

LGBT+ people are strong, worthy, and loving individuals who are one of many minority groups that are routinely discriminated against in the world. It’s time for them to be visible and appreciated. Whether they’re your neighbor, relative, or active duty service person, they are human with rights. These rights are being stripped away after decades of fighting.

We must overcome oppression.

Remember that you are loved.

Remember that this discrimination and administration will not stop us from fighting for justice.