17 Little Ways To Show Love

17 Little Ways To Show Love

For a world where negative news is so prevalent

12
17 Little Ways To Show Love
Alice Walker

"The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention." - Oscar Wilde

Let's be honest, there are bad things that happen in this world everyday. And, sadly, they're quite easy to find. Just turn on the news or open Facebook and you're sure to find at least 15 things that will make you feel sick to your stomach or just plain sad. Sure, maybe there's the occasional puppy picture or funny post, but overall, everything just seems to be dark lately.

All of the hate in the world is very overwhelming. It's easy to find yourself feeling worthless and like there's no way to get rid of the bad in the world. It may be true that one person may not be able to get rid of all of the hate in the world in one day, but there are little things that we all can do each day to bring a little light into the world and show love to the ones around us. Here are just a few ideas to help you fight hate with love.

1. Call a family member and tell them you love them

2. Go through your closet and give away clothes that you don't wear anymore

3. Say "hi" to people that you walk by on the street

4. Reconnect with friends that you haven't seen in a while and let them know you're thinking of them

5. Write a letter to someone you love

6. Offer to help someone who is struggling to carry a heavy load/lots of bags

7. Share food with someone who doesn't have any

8. Reach out to a friend who's going through a rough time

9. Smile more than you think you need to at people

10. Put your phone away when you're with your friends/family

11. Ask someone how you can help them instead of them helping you

12. Compliment people (friends, strangers, anyone)

13. Hold the door open for someone

14. Pay for the person behind you in the drive through

15. Leave a positive note on a post-it note and leave it on someone's mirror

16. Ask someone how they're doing and then listen intently

17. Give your friends/family hugs