16 Things Victoria's Secret Customers Don't Understand

What it's REALLY like to work at Victoria's Secret.

934

Victoria's Secret for many women and men alike has become a sort of mystical paradise of lace, sparkles, and sweet scents. I worked at Victoria's Secret for a little over a year and I absolutely loved it. During my time at VS I did discover quite a few things that you, as a customer, may not have realized about the way we operate and work. So please allow me to educate you on the proper etiquette and functionality of the wonderful Victoria's Secret.

1. We can't tell what bra size you need by looking at a picture.

I personally find this one hilarious. Oftentimes a guy, usually shopping for his wife or girlfriend, will wander into the store aimlessly and have no idea what to do next. Of course, we are more than happy to help him find something lovely for his mate, however, you need to know her sizes. We can make an educated guess about what size she may need, but chances are (especially when it comes to bra sizes opposed to panties) we can't tell the exact size. So please, do us a favor and know your lady's sizes.

2. Yes, you're a D. No, I'm not kidding.

So many women are stunned when we say their cup size is a D or higher, but believe me, it is. We understand that our bra sizes may run a little bit differently, but they are not that different. The truth is, most women think of a huge cup when they hear the letter D, but what they don't realize is that the cup is greatly affected by band size as well. The smaller the band size, the smaller that D will appear, and vice versa. So just trust us, and try on the D — I promise you'll be much more comfortable.

3. We can't let you use every single coupon.

Believe me, we wish we could. Our goal is for you to be happy and buy our product, but company rules and regulations do not allow us to let you use so many coupons, especially all at once. The same thing goes for expired coupons. We wish we could, but we can't.

4. You don't need to get naked for a bra fitting.

I cannot stress this one enough! We do our bra fittings with ALL of your clothes on. I know you may think that it is not accurate enough, but trust me, it is. We are trained to measure your bust and we have had plenty of practice. There is a formulaic system that we use to make sure that your bra fitting is as accurate as possible when we bring you back to try on bras. So please, keep your clothes on and trust the masters.

5. We know that our product is expensive, but we can't help it.

We know more than anyone just how expensive our products can be, but we don't make the prices and we certainly can't change them. When you're shopping at Victoria's Secret you're buying more than just a bra: you're getting a whole new experience. On top of that, the product you're buying is great quality, so you really have to consider that when making your purchase. The bra you buy is going to last you awhile. So yes it's expensive, but you're getting so much more than just a bra.

6. No, I won't try the bra on for you. Stop being creepy.

Every once in a while you have that one guy that wanders into the store and thinks he's being funny when he says, "Would you wear this?" or "I bet this would look good on you," or "Hey, can you show me what this looks like on?" No. No. No. No. No. A thousand times, no. We don't think that you're being funny and we also don't think that the woman in your life that you're shopping for would find it very funny either.

7. We're not all trying to become one of the models.

In fact, there's a rule that doesn't allow VS employees to be models. So that shuts that down for you.

8. We don't all look like Tyra, or Heidi or Candice.

And we're not trying to. Victoria's Secret employees come in all different shapes and sizes. We all look different and we're not all supermodels by any means.

9. We don't have a super extensive lingerie collection.

Of course, we have bras and panties and we may own a few pieces here and there, but by no means are we hoarders of lingerie. We also don't buy every single thing as soon as we get it in.

10. We can't just make more products appear during Semi-Annual Sale.

We really do wish that we could tell you that we have more in the back, but what's out on the floor is what we've got. We may try to help you find what you're looking for or something similar. If we don't have it, we don't have it.

11. There's not a lot of drama.

Actually, the team I worked with at VS are some of the most awesome group of girls I've ever met and I still consider so many of them my friends. Sure, we're a bunch of girls, but there's really no drama.

12. Guys do work there and no, they're not all gay.

Guys work at Victoria's Secret. It happens. It's not surprising. They do and they are good at their jobs too. Are they gay? Not all of them, but even if they are that's not my business. At the end of the day, we're all just doing our jobs.

13. We can't give you our discount.

Sorry.

14. We don't enjoy asking you to sign up for an Angel Card.

We have to ask, though, especially if you're spending a lot, we want to help you save money. When you sign up for an Angel Card, and use it, you are getting points that will in return get you potentially so much money off. Also, when you sign up you get $15 off your first purchase!

15. Secret Rewards cards can have more than $10 on them!

This is a big one. I have personally seen cards that have more than $10 on them! It's not just a trick to get you to spend money. I have seen cards with $50 and up to $500 on them! So don't just throw it away! If anything, it's a free $10 with no minimum purchase, so you can come get yourself a (basically) free cotton panty.

16. There is a secret behind Victoria's Secret...

We could tell you, but where's the fun in that?