16 Underrated Lines From Ed Sheeran's "Divide"

I have always loved Ed Sheeran's lyrics and this newest album did not disappoint.
390

I have been listening to "Divide" on repeat for the past week and there have been a few times when I wondered why I haven't gotten tired of it yet. I finally realized that it was because of the incredible variety of songs that showcase the true extent of Ed Sheeran's musical ability. He has the ability to smoothly transition from songs about falling in love into ones about the struggles of making a life for himself. Somehow, these songs are all equally mesmerizing and understandable. I decided to compile a list of what I think are the best, but most underrated lines from the songs on "Divide."

1. "Eraser"

"When the world's against me is when I really come alive and everyday that Satan tempts me, I try to take it in my stride."

2. "Castle on the Hill"

"I was younger then, take me back to when I found my heart and broke it here, made friends and lost them through the years."

3. "Dive"

"I've been known to give my all, sitting back, looking at every mess that I made."

4. "Shape of You"

"Your love was handmade for somebody like me."

5. "Perfect"

"When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath, but you heard it. Darling, you look perfect tonight."

6. "Galway Girl"

"I swear I'm going to put you in a song that I write about a Galway girl and a perfect night."

7. "Happier"

"I saw that both your smiles were twice as wide as ours. Yeah you look happier, you do."

8. "New Man"

"But still, I'm just keeping it real, still looking at your Instagram and I'll be creeping a little. I'll be trying not to double tap, from way back, cause I know that's where the trouble's at."

9. "Hearts Don't Break Around Here"

"Took my heart upon a one way trip, guess she went wandering off with it. Unlike most women I know, this one will bring it back whole."

10. "What do I Know?"

"You know, the future's in the hands of you and me. So let's all get together, we can all be free. Spread love and understanding, positivity."

11. "How Would You Feel (Paean)"

"We were sat upon our best friend's roof. I had both of my arms round you, watching the sunrise replace the moon."

12. "Supermarket Flowers"

"I took the supermarket flowers from the windowsill, threw the day old tea from the cup, packed up the photo album Matthew had made- memories of a life that's been loved."

13. "Barcelona"

"I fell in love with the sparkle in the moonlight reflected in your beautiful eyes, I guess that is destiny doing it right."

14. "Bibia Be Ye Ye"

"I get lonely and make mistakes from time to time. Se enioma enko ye (if thing's aren't working out), Bibia Be Ye Ye (everything will be alright)."

15. "Nancy Mulligan"

"From a farm boy born near Belfast town, I never worried about the king and crown cause I found my heart upon the southern ground. There's no difference, I assure ya."

16. "Save Myself"

"I gave you all my energy and I took away your pain cause human beings are destined to radiate or drain."