16 Things You Know To Be True If You're A Summer Nanny

It's basically pre-parenting.

101
Abby Johnson

Being a summer nanny may be the best job any college gal could ever have. I've worked retail and food service- and nothing compares to chasing two little kiddos around for upwards of ten hours per day.

You can wear shorts and a t-shirt to work every single day. 

You can hang out at the pool any day you want, AND get paid to do so. 

You get to go on fun trips and vacations with your kid's families as an "extra set of hands."

Other people always think you're their mom. 

Your car is always going to be messy, and there's nothing you can do about it. 

You refer to them as "your kids," but you also have to explain they're not "yours."

Blowing noses and wiping butts is just a normal part of life now. 

You can always count on your kids to tell the honest truth. 

You find random toys and snacks in the crevices and cracks of your car. 

You start to talk to your friends the same way you talk to your kids. 

You've most likely had to ask a random stranger to help you fold a stroller so it can fit into your car. 

Somehow cleaning up the house becomes another part of your job. 

Your kids may or may not accidentally call you "Mom" or "Mommy." 

You've become a pro at taking your kids to doctor's appointments, and also dragging them along to your own. 

You talk about your kids more than you talk about your family or friends. 

You miss them during the school year, and you can't wait to see everyone when on breaks or when summer (finally) comes around. 

I can't wait to see my kiddos in just a few short months!