16 Songs for Your Off-to-School Playlist

Here's 16 songs to play as you pack your bags and prepare for university.

37

Leaving your hometown to head off to university can be a daunting yet an exciting time. Although moving away to college often means sacrificing the comforts of your family’s house and your hometown, going to university can also be an action full of new and broad opportunity. Here’s a brief list of songs about opportunity, courage, work, and ambition to add to your playlists to get you motivated and energized for your first fall semester.

1. “Brave” by Sara Bareilles

"Don't run, stop holding your tongue. / Maybe there's a way out of the cage where you live"

2. “Thunder” by Imagine Dragons

"I was dreaming of bigger things / and wanna leave my own life behind"

3. “Fire N Gold” by Bea Miller

"Like a astronaut that's scared of heights, / with a heart that's beating at the speed of light, / you've been waiting for this feeling all your life"

4. “Radar” by Danger Twins

"We feelin' brand new / just like a million bucks. / We always rollin' dice / 'cause we got all the luck"

5. “American Oxygen” by Rihanna

"Every breath I breathe / chasin' this American Dream"

6. “The Greatest” by Sia and Kendrick Lamar

"I'm free to be the greatest, I'm alive"

7. “Where No One Goes” by John Powell and Jónsi

"We go where no one goes, / we slow for no one"

8. “Revolution” by Catey Shaw

"Tonight we're gonna start a revolution. / Everybody's here with us, / there's no way we're losing"

9. “I’m Born to Run” by American Authors

"Can't hold me back from where I need to go"

10. “I Was Born” by Hanson

"I was born to do something / no one's ever done"

11. "Welcome to New York” by Taylor Swift

"Everybody here was someone else before"

12. “Gotta Love It” by Ruelle

"This world's sitting pretty in the palm of my hand"

13. “Ignite” by Zedd

"It went from a spark to an open flame / now destiny's calling out your name"

14. “Write My Story” by Olly Anna

"I'm the only one that can write my story / and nobody else's gonna do it for me"

15. “Kanye” by The Chainsmokers and sirenXX

"I have never wished and hoped, / didn't need a telescope / to see where I am going"

16. “Higher” by The Score

"I'll use my voice, it's my turn to sing"