The 16 Most Iconic Professor Snape Moments

In loving memory of Alan Rickman.
154

Alan Rickman, an incredible actor who is most well-known for his role as Severus Snape in the Harry Potter series, died on Thursday at the age of 69. Here are some of Rickman's most iconic Professor Snape moments that really proved that both Snape and the Harry Potter series are always in our hearts.

1. When he first introduces Harry in his usual condescending tone.

"Mr. Potter. Our new celebrity."

2. When he Iconically says to "turn to page 394."

3. Any time Snape whacked Ron or Harry on the head.

Every single time.

4. When he throws the moonlight pun on Lupin during the Marauder's Map night scene.

"Well, well. Out for a little walk in the moonlight, are we?"

5. When Snape physically shielded Ron, Harry and Hermione from Lupin as he changes into a werewolf.

6. When Umbridge questions Snape about failing to become the Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor, and he responds with unparalleled sass.

7. When he yells at Harry and Ron for the flying car Incident.

"I assure you that were you in Slytherin and your fate rested with me, the both of you would be on the train home tonight!"

8. When he accuses Harry of stealing from him to make polyjuice potion.

9. When he deflects McGonagall's attack and you see the sadness in his eyes for being in that position.

10. When he brings to Harry's attention how life isn't fair.

He lived an incredibly lonely life, yet always for the good of others.

11. When he was tired of Hermione's bull crap.

12. When he refuses to injure Harry when Harry tries to attack him for Dumbledore's death.

13. When Snape led Harry to the sword of Gryffindor.

His Patronus was a doe. So was Lily's. I'm holding back tears.

14. When he urges Harry to take his tears to the Pensieve to understand everything.

15. When he sees Lily in Harry during his last breath.

16. Literally the entire flashback scene when Harry realizes Snape's bravery and the love he had for his mother.

Alan Rickman brought to life the beloved Snape who everyone wept for and saw as arguably the most important character of the series. He will live on for always in our hearts and in our marathons.