16 Movies You Can Watch on Galentine's Day That Never Fail To Make Your Heart Melt

Trust me, these picks will melt the coldest of hearts

622
Unsplash

Galentine's Day. The day you gather your girlfriends together to hangout on one of the most celebrated days out of the year...Valentine's Day aka Single Awareness Day!

No matter whether you're single, in a "it's complicated" relationship, or happily attached, setting aside time to celebrate love is always wonderful. Okay so maybe I don't need a special day to watch romance movies but why not take advantage of my singlehood and grab my girls to enjoy a night to ourselves. Since there are a vast amount of movies to go through, I made it a bit easier by breaking them up into categories. Happy Galentine's Day to all my single ladies out there!

If you're in the mood for... Romantic Comedy

1. Bridget Jones Diary

A quirky, hilarious spoof of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. Plus there's Colin Firth playing Darcy again!

2. Return to Me

Such a classic in our household. I mean when you quote half of the movie lines within your everyday conversation than it must be memorable.

3. Crazy, Stupid, Love

The pairing up of Ryan Gosling & Emma Stone was genius. Absolute HILARIOUS film that brings out the comedic chops of the great Steve Carrell.

If you're in the mood for... Classic 90's Romance

4. While You Were Sleeping

While I prefer the other Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan pairing more, this movie is a 90's classic that I just couldn't leave out.

5. You've Got Mail

Probably my #1 romantic movie of life. Every Valentine's Day this movie is on my list of must watch.

6. My Best Friend's Wedding

Julia Roberts was in her prime during the 90's and this is just one of my other classic romance films by her.

7. The Wedding Singer

Hands down one of Adam Sandler's best movies. He's not the most attractive lead but will charm your socks off with "I Wanna Grow Old With You."

If you're in the mood for...Period Romance

8. Pride and Prejudice

Gahhh I just LOVE Jane Austen and the movies credited from her masterpiece of novels are almost as good as the books.

9. Far From The Maddening Crowd

Such a lovely romantic film. I never get tired of watching it. If you're in the mood for something classy, simple, and downright gorgeous scenery, watch this gem.

10. The Young Victoria

The type of movie you get so wrapped up in you forget the inevitable ending to it. Based on the epic love story of Queen Victoria and Albert.

If you're in the mood for...Fantasy Romance

11. The Age of Adaline

Sure it might be Blake Lively playing Serena van der Woodsen in a fantasy romance movie but the movie is actually quite beautiful tinged with slight bittersweetness.

12. The Princess Bride

First saw this movie when I was a child and it still brings a smile to my face. Such a classic fantasy romance but the characters and storyline just make it cuter.

13. Kate & Leopold

Hugh Jackman dressed up in 19th century clothing in a era where they still had actual formal dances. Be still my heart.

If you're in the mood for...Teenage Romance

14. A Walk to Remember

It'll make you laugh, cry, and scream at the screen but this movie is such a dream.

15. 10 Things I Hate About You

2 words: HEATH LEDGER.

16. Clueless

What you thought I would forget about this classic film? As IF?