16 Every Day Feelings Of A Server

16 Every Day Feelings Of A Server

Because it is not all smiles and free food.

57
16 Every Day Feelings Of A Server
FantasticFanGirls.org

I believe that everyone should work in a restaurant at least once in their lifetime. I think it teaches a good sense of patience and involves a lot of hard work. It helps to teach people how to be more considerate of others and how to handle multiple things at once. While working in customer service, you are always dealing with people. Some of these people can be really awesome, whiles others.... not so much.

It might look like all smiles at times when we say “enjoy your meal” and “have a good day, come back soon,” but we are severely dyeing on the inside at times. As servers, we are the face of the establishment. We are the people customers interact with the most in order to make their visit with us the best it can be. We get mad, we are usually hungry, and other times we can really enjoy our job and have fun with it. If you are a server, or were ever one in the past, you know these feelings and emotions all to well. As for future servers, I wish you good luck!

1. That feeling you have as you walk into work to start your shift.

Then the fake laugh you do to please them.

I think I might have heard this joke a million times. But do not fear, I will still laugh as though it is the first time every hearing it!

3. What you really want to do when a customer complains about their food.

Please learn to be understanding and not take it out on us! Guess I cannot always blame them, I would not want someone messing with my food either.

4. Trying to look your best even when running around is starting to get the best of you.

Believe it or not, appearance is key. I mean, let’s face it, no one really enjoys having a sweaty server handling their food, but we try our best to look nice... most of the time.

5. When a table leaves with more than half of their food untouched.

How could you let all that food go to waste? All of that precious, delicious food.

6. When customers ask how much everything is.

I always wonder if they did not fully read the menu. I am just begging you know to still please leave me a tip...

7. When your boss says that they are going somewhere and will be right back.

Oh no no, you do not have to rush back. Relax! Take your time with your errands and enjoy time away from this place! Because I sure wish I could.

8. When your table wants to know where there food is.

When the kitchen is backed up and the table has been waiting on their food, they start to hunt you down like a hawk. You can even feel the beating eyes of hungry people. The best strategy is to always look busy and to avoid eye contact... AT ALL TIMES!

9. How you look trying to eat food in between tables.

When the restaurant is busy, that means no leisure time. You have officially become a master at hiding food and eating meals in under 1 minute.

10. That feeling you get when you know a rush is about to happen.

It is almost like a sixth sense. You just know when a massive amount of people are about to pile in, but you are ready for battle!

11. How you feel when your table will not get up.

They ate their food and their bill is paid for, yet for some reason, they still feel the need to sit there for a few more hours, hogging your table.

12. When your favorite co-worker is not scheduled for the same shift as you.

This is the person that gets you through your shift. This is the person that keeps you from going insane. What ever will you do without them?!

13. When the restaurant is not busy and your boss says someone can go home.

These are the words we wait to hear all shift, and we just wish we could all go home together.

14. When you close in 10 minutes but you see someone eyeing up the place.

There are always those become who seem to come in about ten minutes before closing. You just hope that they notice you close soon... but no, they will most likely stay and eat then sit there for another couple hours.

15. When you finally get home.

Your bed is your best friend. Your bed is your safe place. Try to never leave your bed.

16. When it is time to do it all over again.

Sometimes it seems like we live at work.