16 Powerful Reminders From Mariska Hargitay To Start 2020 Off Strong

Mariska Hargitay is the face of support given to those who are survivors of child abuse, sexual assault, and domestic violence. Her quotes from Law and Order Special Victims Unit will lead you to live your best life in 2020.

97
https://unsplash.com/photos/9e4n5-xvvbg

1. "Everybody changes every day and some things are more devastating than others, but we never are the same. And there are two ways to deal with these changes: You either accept them or you fight them like hell all the way."

2. "I trust my instincts. If I don't have that, I shouldn't be here."

3. "Once you tell your story, it can be empowering."

4. "There are two things that you need to know about me. First - I like an open and free exchange of ideas. And second - I'm usually right."

5. "Some things, you can put them behind you.. but they do change you."

6. "Healing begins when someone bears witness. I saw you. I believe you."

7. "Running away doesn't make it over."

8. "I don't need anybody to hold my hand."

9. "Nothing changes... except what has to."

10. "Don't you just hate to see a grown man cry? Highlight of my day."

11. "You think I'm a bitch, don't you? You're not the first."

12. "I am grateful that I didn't let fear get the best of me. It only holds you back from possibilities and greatness."

13. "No one can tell you who you are and what you are made of, only you yourself know what you are made of, and only you yourself can do the work to become who you want to be."

14. "There's so much that you can get mad about. Out of self-preservation, I focus on being grateful."

15. "Your body is not who you are. I don't think women should label themselves based on the way they look. What about defining yourself by a different kind of measurement? What about your heart, your soul, your compassion, your generosity, your strength, and your power? There are so many other things to focus on besides your waistline."

16. "No one can take away your pain, so don't let anyone take away your happiness."