16 College Orientation Questions You'll Want To Ask

What you need to know.
274

It's time for college orientation season to begin at colleges and as my day is tomorrow, it inspired me to write about all the worries and excitement that goes along with it.

1. What to bring

Pencil, paper, computer, valid ID, confirmation, and of course yourself.

2. What to wear

Clothes (duh) but what kind? Make sure to check the forecast.

3. What to ask

Make a list of questions beforehand.

4. What time to show up

"If you're early you're on time, if you're on time you're late" so they say.

5. Who do you go with

If you know someone going, that helps, otherwise you'll meet someone there.

6. Where do you park

Make sure to look into the lots before going and print any passes you may need to avoid a ticket.

7. Where do you sign in

There has to be a booth somewhere.

8. What will be going on

Better save the schedule to your phone.

9. Will I make it to everything

It says you have to be at everything so I'm going to guess that they will make sure you get to where you need to go.

10. Will the information be helpful

If you ask questions from your list, you'll get most if not all the info you needed.

11. Are we going to have to do ice breakers

I don't know if I'm up for running around and singing songs, but if that's what happens, I guess games it is.

12. What classes to take

Looking up courses before is a good idea, so you have some sort of idea as to what you will need to take and what you'll take in semesters to come.

13. Meeting with advisors

Show your advisor what you have and ask what they would suggest. They've done this a few times so they will be able to direct you and help you choose courses better suited for you.

14. When are we done

These days are long, but the end gets closer by the minute!

15. The relief at the end of the day

Returning to your car and breathing a sigh of relief now that everything is settled and ready for the weeks to come.

16. Waiting for the semester to begin

Now it's time to worry about getting all those books...

This orientation will (hopefully) make your next semester seem less intimidating, or more depending on the classes you chose to take. Just remember that you're not there for nothing, you are there because you are getting ready for the next chapter of your life and waiting for what comes your way.