16 Christians Songs To Uplift Your Spirit

"No guilt in life, no fear in death; this is the power of Christ in me."

2807
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Sunset_on_the_beach.JPG
"In Christ alone, my hope is found, He is my light, my strength, my song.
This Cornerstone, this solid ground firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace when fears are stilled, when strivings cease.
My Comforter, my All in All, here in the love of Christ I stand."

There are days when hopelessness sinks in and we as believers forget that there's so much more waiting for us than the mundanity of this life. For now, we may be studying for our degrees, working to make ends meet or even living just to make it to the next day, but we are meant for so much more than this.

It's all too easy to get lost in this world and care more about the judgement of man rather than the judgement of God, and sometimes we need to remember to fill our spiritual tank.

Here are 16 Christian songs to add to your playlist for whenever your spirit needs a little boost!

1. How Great Thou Art- Carrie Underwood

Then sings my soul
My Savior, God, to Thee
How great thou art
How great thou art

This timeless classic can easily fill you with Spirit. If you're feeling low, it won't take long to pick you back up. The song captures that indescribable feeling of joy and love that washes over you when experiencing the Holy Spirit.

2. 'Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus- Casting Crowns

'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His Word
Just to rest upon His promise,
Just to know, "Thus saith the Lord!"

This sweet hymn reminds me exactly why I love and trust in Jesus. Even on the hardest of days, its simplicity is a stark reminder that even when the world is hard and complicated, my faith in Christ doesn't have to be.

3. God's Not Dead- Newsboys

My God's not dead
He's surely alive
He's living on the inside
Roaring like a lion

In a world that is becoming more and more offended by the name of God, "God's Not Dead" reminds believers that He is still very much alive. In fact, He's not just alive; He's also life-changing.

4. In Christ Alone- Christina Grimmie

What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease.

When you think of spiritual songs, Christina Grimmie probably doesn't come to mind, but this song embodies the victory that Christ has over death. It boosts my faith that I will one day see my true home and be with all of my loved ones.

5. Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)- Hillsong UNITED

Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

This is one of my favorite songs on my playlist. "Oceans" is the epitome of peace and serenity. It encourages us to find Christ outside of our comfort zone.

6. You Raise Me Up- Josh Groban

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be

"You Raise Me Up" is one of the most uplifting songs you'll ever hear. The lyrics and music work so well together; they fill one's spirit. We all have our moments where we feel the burden of the world on our shoulders, but God will raise us up and make us stronger.

7. Steal My Show- Toby Mac

If you wanna steal my show
I’ll sit back and watch you go
If you got something to say
Go on and take it away

"Steal my Show" reminds us that whatever we're doing in life-- whether we're rich and famous or working 9am-5pm jobs-- God is what we're here for. We need to be prepared to step aside and hand him the mic.

8. Messiah/You're Beautiful- Phil Wickham

I see Your power in the moonlit night
Where planets are in motion and galaxies are bright
We are amazed in the light of the stars
It's all proclaiming who You are
You're beautiful

I absolutely love this song, especially at night. My favorite thing to do is to listen it while laying under the stars or trying to go to sleep. It instills a certainty in the serene beauty of God's creation. How can that certainty not give you peace?

9. 10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord)- Matt Redman

You’re rich in love
And You’re slow to anger
Your name is great
And Your heart is kind

Sometimes we need to remind ourselves why we've chosen this walk of life. God knows it's not always easy, but it's always worth it. Matt Redman has 10,000 reasons for you to worship.

10. All I Ever Needed- AJ Michalka

Truth be told, I've made this world my home
I let it steal my soul
But now I want it back

It's so easy to get caught up in this world, whether it be in fame, fortune or man-made concepts. God is so much bigger than this world, and He is all we will ever need. We may have quite a few years in this life, but we have so much more in the next.

11. Whom Shall I Fear (God of Angel Armies)- Chris Tomlin

I know who goes before me
I know who stands behind
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side

Just as it's easy to get caught up in the troubles of this world, it's also easy to get wrapped up in it's fears. These fears, be they aging, losing a job or even death, may seem big, but they are nothing compared to how great our God is.

12. How Great Is Our God- Chris Tomlin

He wraps himself in Light, and darkness tries to hide
And trembles at His voice

This song makes me want to stretch my arms to the sky and sing! It's such a simple song, but it runs true and genuine. It's the perfect way to give your faith a boost!

13. Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)- Chris Tomlin

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed

How amazing is it that God's grace has saved us before we even know to ask for forgiveness? "Amazing Grace" may be talking about newly found faith, but I think it can also be applied to renewed faith, which can be just as invigorating. It's incredibly freeing to be reminded of how much God loves us.

14. Overcomer- Mandisa

You might be down for a moment
Feeling like it's hopeless
That's when he reminds you
That you're an overcomer

There's no denying that life can hand us some hefty burdens (i.e. sickness, death and homelessness), but I was always taught that if we turn to Him, God won't give us a mountain we can't climb.

We all have different paths to walk and some of us have more detours than others, but eventually the path leads to the same destination: Home. God promises us that we will overcome our obstacles.

15. You are Loved- Josh Groban

Don't give up
It's just the weight of the world
When your heart's heavy
I, I will lift it for you

There are times we need to be reminded that, even on the darkest of days, we are loved. Even when we feel the weight of the world pressing in around us and feel no one can see or hear us, there is always someone there to lift us up.

16. Free to be Me- Francesca Battistelli

And on my own I'm so clumsy
But on Your shoulders I can see
I'm free to be me

The war has already been won and Jesus died so we could be free. So, what exactly does that mean for us? We're free to be ourselves. We're free to live a life following Christ, mistakes and all. Although there are bumps in the road, He has great plans for us.

What songs do you turn to when you're low in spirit? Leave a comment below!