15 Well-Reviewed Netflix Movies You May Not Have Seen Yet

Some great ideas to keep in mind for the next time you're lost in a Netflix spiral.

84

Netflix can sometimes seem like a bottomless pit of movies you love and have seen countless times, movies that look ridiculous and you'll never watch, and movies that are great but might be overlooked. These 15 films are all currently available on Netflix, and are all well-regarded by me and/or the people of the Internet. You may have seen some already, or you may not. Either way, they're all worth checking out the next time you're avoiding that pile of homework or having movie night on the couch.

1. "Stuck in Love"

Starring: Greg Kinnear, Jennifer Connelly, Lily Collins, Kristen Bell

IMDB Rating: 7.3/10--Netflix Rating: 4.5/5

The story of a father, his two teenage children and all of their attempts at love and success.

2. "Begin Again"

Starring: Mark Ruffalo, Kiera Knightley, James Corden

IMDB Rating: 7.4/10--Netflix Rating: 4.5/5

An unexpected meeting between a talented singer and a failed music executive leads to their collaboration.

3. "Spy Game"

Starring: Brad Pitt, Robert Redford

IMDB Rating: 7.0/10--Netflix Rating: 3.9/5

A soon-to-retire CIA agent uses all of his skills to free his protege from Chinese captors, while reminiscing on their history together.

4. "Nightcrawler"

Starring: Jake Gyllenhaal, Rene Russo

IMDB Rating: 7.9/10--Netflix Rating: 3.5/5

A dark, haunting movie about a man who forces his way into the field of crime journalism and becomes obsessed with getting the best story. Best if watched before you know much about it.

5. "How to Steal a Million"

Starring: Audrey Hepburn, Peter O'Toole

IMDB Rating: 7.6/10--Netflix Rating: 4.9/5

A classic comedy about the daughter of an art forger who hires a burglar to help her steal an expensive statue.

6. "The Big Short"

Starring: Steve Carell, Ryan Gosling, Christian Bale, Brad Pitt

IMDB Rating: 7.8/10--Netflix Rating: 4.9/5

Several parallel stories told through one film about the housing crisis of the mid-2000's. Four men, all working in high-finance forsee the crash and decide to do something about it.

7. "The Truman Show"

Starring: Jim Carrey, Laura Linney

IMDB Rating: 8.1/10--Netflix Rating: 4.2/5

A man begins to realize that his life isn't real--he's been the star of a reality TV show since his birth.

8. "Moonrise Kingdom"

Starring: Jared Gilman, Kara Hayward, Edward Norton, Bruce Willis

IMDB Rating: 7.8/10--Netflix Rating: 4.3/5

Two young romantics run away from home together, and their entire coastal town is sent into a haphazard and humorous manhunt to get them back.

9. "Stardust"

Starring: Claire Danes, Robert De Niro, Charlie Cox

IMDB Rating: 7.7/10--Netflix Rating: 4.2/5

A fantasy and adventure movie following a man searching for a fallen star, the crossdressing pirate who helps him, and the witches and princes all trying to beat him to her.

10. "My Girl"

Starring: Anna Chlumsky, Macaulay Culkin, Jamie Lee Curtis

IMDB Rating: 6.8/10--Netflix Rating: 4.5/5

A young girl and her best friend have lots of adorable kid adventures and schemes, while trying to break up her father and his new girlfriend. This is one of the sweetest movies of all time, but be warned: it will make you cry.

11. "Shakespeare in Love"

Starring: Gwyneth Paltrow, Joseph Fiennes

IMDB Rating: 7.2/10--Netflix Rating: 3.6/5

William Shakespeare is short on money and struggling with writer's block, when he meets a woman who earns his love and inspires a famous play. This is a funny, charming movie that won the Oscar for Best Picture.

12. "The Fundamentals of Caring"

Starring: Paul Rudd, Craig Roberts, Selena Gomez

IMDB Rating: 7.4/10--Netflix Rating: 5/5

A writer becomes the caregiver of a teenager with muscular dystrophy, and they embark on a road trip together.

13. "The Usual Suspects"

Starring: Kevin Spacey, Stephen Baldwin, Gabriel Byrne

IMDB Rating: 8.6/10--Netflix Rating: 4.6/5

If you haven't seen this yet, you're seriously missing out. After a crime and gunfight gone wrong, the last survivor recounts what led up to the night, and secrets are revealed about the criminals involved.

14. "Ashby"

Starring: Mickey Rourke, Nat Wolff, Emma Roberts

IMDB Rating: 6.4/10--Netflix Rating: 4.5/5

A high school student bonds with his neighbor, a retired assassin, who doesn't have much time left to live.

15. "Pay it Forward"

Starring: Kevin Spacey, Haley Joel Osment

IMDB Rating: 7.2/10--Netflix Rating: 3.9/5

A troubled kid comes up with the idea of "paying it forward" for a class project and, through it, starts to change the world.

From Your Site Articles