15 Ways To Annoy A Retail Worker As Told By Rachel Green

10. Coming into the store just to "browse" 10 minutes before we close.

Jannessa Lai
294

As a teenager, it's just a right of passage to work a minimum wage job. It teaches you discipline, responsibility, time management, and that people can be really mind-numbingly absurd. Here's the Queen of retail herself to educate you on how to act like a decent human being to retail workers.

1. When a customer tries to bring up another store's return policy

No. Sorry, we aren't Nordstrom. We won't accept these jeans you've obviously worn and very obviously didn't wash. If you want Nordstrom customer service, you're shopping in the wrong place.

2. Yes, I see you wandering around near the fitting rooms

Do you know how you can use one? Ask. It isn't hard. But don't sigh heavily when it takes me a couple extra minutes to realize you need a fitting room.

3. Speaking of fitting rooms, make sure you find EVERYTHING you want to try on before you ask me to open a fitting room for you 10 times

Especially when it's busy and there's a line for the fitting rooms. Like, hello??

4. If I ask you if you need help finding a size, it's not because I want to help you. It's because I don't want you to ruin the pile of shirts I just folded

Please. Let. Me. Help.

5. When a customer asks why we don't have a sale going on

Then don't shop here?

6. "Sorry let me take 9837592940184 hours scrolling through my email to find my 400-year-old coupon"

I can guarantee you, 9/10 times they don't find it. So, thank you for making me stand here for five minutes while the entire store gets completely destroyed.

7. But in during the rare times when they do find the coupon, it's expired

No. I won't let it slide. I won't see what I can do.

8. "WOW, it's really that expensive?"

I'll never know how to politely respond to this, while I continue ringing up the 10 other shirts you want to buy.

9. Changing your mind at the cash register

"No, I don't want this shirt" "Hold on let me buy another pair of jeans" "Wait. I actually want that shirt." Make up your mind!!!

10. Coming into the store just to "browse" 10 minutes before we close

Most people assume after retail workers close the doors that we get to pack up and leave. Wrong. We have to stay at least 30 minutes after to make sure we've cleaned up your mess.

11. Please, continue threatening to get me fired

I've been threatened to be fired because we didn't have shirt someone was looking for.

12. Percentages

An adult once asked me what 50% off a price was.

13. When someone asks me why we spray so much perfume in the store

"Let me get the manager for you."

14. Asking me to check in the back again for a size we don't have

I'm not out to ruin your day. If we had something, I would've given it to you. Don't go asking another employee either.

15. Leaving a mess in the fitting rooms

Why.

Yes, as a retail worker, I know that this is my job. It's also your job to be a considerate human being that treats a store, and its workers, with respect.