Study All Day, Party All Night: 15 Truths About College

Many colleges, especially the University of Wisconsin-Madison are known for it's outstanding academics and stellar parties and being a student here requires a lot of balance.

125

The University of Wisconsin-Madison is ranked as the #10 in academic status and #1 in party schools among other colleges in the US. There is a lot that has to come into play as a student at a competitive school that loves to drink.

1. You are always behind on sleep.

Whether you’ve been studying all night or partying all night, you will rarely get your full eight hours.

2. Every exam grade you get is a reason to drink.

You got an A? Have a drink! You got a C? Have a drink! You failed? Have three!

3. Also, whatever exam grade your best friend gets is a valid reason.

They will always need someone to drink with whether its sympathetically or celebratory.

4. Honestly, there is always a reason to drink.

You’re got to be careful with this one. It is pretty tough to go out every time the football team wins or it’s your friend’s birthday or your acquaintance’s birthday or you’ve finished your term paper or you’re procrastinating your term paper or you’re just bored.

5. Study groups=party groups.

If your group for your final project is even somewhat cool, you will have to celebrate every time you get some work done.

6. Sometimes beer pong practice trumps derivative solving practice.

Calculus and drinking games are both vital skills to have under your belt if you hope to survive the year.

7. Thirsty Thursdays.

Not having Friday classes will make this a whole lot easier, just a tip.

8. You’ve ran into your professor/TA on a night out.

There’s nothing like seeing your TA stumble into a bar on a Friday night.

9. Even the professional frats throw parties.

If you don’t like frat row, every other organization/society will be throwing a party you can go to.

10. Your bookshelf includes textbooks and used bottles of alcohol.

Nothing says classic college student like a displayed shelf of old chem books and empty bottles of liquor.

11. You’re always hearing about smart kids doing stupid stuff.

All the nerds from your high school are grouped together and knowingly break the law. Underage drinking and fake IDs are just two of the stupidest things your valedictorian has gotten into.

12. Sometimes you have to say no to going out since classes get way too tough.

It always seems to work out that all of your papers are due the same day and you somehow have four midterms in one week, you’ve got to learn to say no. But you do make sure to make up for the lost time next weekend.

13. But sometimes you have to bring your homework to the party.

Your classes get so hard that you bring your flashcards to a get together with your friends. If your exam is the next day, you’ve got to be productive in how you get your studying in.

14. School pride comes from academics, sports, and parties.

There is so much college pride that runs through the student’s veins. You’re proud of the tough coursework, football game wins, and how many beers you drank last night.

15. There is nothing like getting drunk with the smartest people you know.

Everyone at that party is going to do something impressive. Future doctors, engineers, CEOs, bankers, writers, and professionals, all puking in the frat bathroom and stumbling home at 4 am.