15 Things You NEED To Do In London

15 Things You NEED To Do In London

The things at the top of my London Bucket List

235
15 Things You NEED To Do In London
Unsplash

If you don't already know by now, surprise, I'm studying abroad in London. I've been planning my trip all year so these are the first places I plan to hit up on my bucket list.

1. BB Bakery Afternoon Tea Bus Tour

This adorable afternoon tea packs in a tour of London and tea time all into one trip. Its perfect for a newbie tourist like me.

2. Buckingham Palace

Again, super touristy but also a must see for your first time in London. Hopefully, I’ll be able to catch a time where it won’t be so packed.

3. The Royal Observatory

The Royal Observatory is the oldest scientific research institution in Great Britain founded for navigational purposes. Today it is open to the public as a museum where you can stand on the Meridian Line.

4. Little Venice

Little Venice is right by my flat in Paddington. It's a little canal filled with boat cafes and pubs. I will probably wait till it is a little warmer out, but either way, it's sure to be a good time.

5. Camden Lock Market

If you know me, you know I love places like this. Filled with shops, food and drinks it’s a great way to spend a rainy day inside.

6. Big Ben

Did you even go to London if you didn’t see all the tourist traps? Technically “Big Ben” is the Elizabeth Tower and it is only the massive 13-ton bell inside named Big Ben. Bonus points if you tour inside!

7. Harrods

I probably have a shopping problem, so I am super amped to make a trip to Harrods, even if I can’t afford anything.

8. Leadenhall Market

For anyone who is a Harry Potter fan, Leadenhall Market is one of the must-see locations in London. This market was used for some of the Diagon Alley scenes in the first movie.

9. Fortnum & Mason

Looking at Instagram you’d think Sketch was the best place to go for afternoon tea. However, Londoners say to ignore this and go for the more classic experience at Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon at Fortnum & Mason.

10. The London Eye

I hate heights, so I very well may pass on riding the London Eye. That doesn’t mean I’m going to pass on the opportunity to take the perfect red telephone booth picture nearby.

11. Kings Cross Station

Again another obvious stop for a Harry Potter fan. Kings Cross Station is home to platform 9 ¾ and a themed gift shop.

12. Hyde Park

For a more wallet-friendly day in London go to a local supermarket and grab a to-go lunch and take it to sit in Hyde Park to relax and enjoy the view.

13. Globe Theatre

After reading nearly every Shakespeare play throughout my time in high school, and probably more to come on this trip there is no way I can pass up the opportunity to see where they were performed in person.

14. Kensington Palace & Gardens

Even if you just spend an hour and feed the birds Kensington Palace is an important historical site in London.

15. St. Pauls Cathedral

Perhaps one of the most well-known Cathedrals in the world, St. Pauls is a must see in my books. With such ornate architecture, you are bound to leave in awe.

Hopefully, you aren't already sick of hearing about London because there will be much more to come!