15 Things You Know If You Have A Passion For Food

For all of us that love food more than life itself

1867
You Glo

If you grew up in a family like mine then food is a very important aspect of your life. Between family meals, lunch time with your friends at school, eating out at restaurants, etc., your devotion to food begins at a young age with mac-and-cheese, chicken fingers and PB & J and expands out to even more exotic eats such as pizza, pasta, sushi, wings and the like (because college kids are really just toddlers in disguise). Eating is most definitely the best part of your day, really because that part of your day never ends. If you're in love with food you might relate to these:

1. When people say they'll probably skip a meal today

Do you know about the beauty that is food? I would really like to introduce you two some time.

2. Going to bed in anticipation for breakfast in the morning

If nothing else, can we all just go to bed realizing that our breakfast is waiting for us tomorrow morning? Try not to cry thinking about that.

3. Three meals a day

Why would anyone ever limit themselves to three meals a day when they could eat four? Or five? The sky is the limit, my friends.

4. Snacks are really kind of like small meals.

"I'll eat a granola bar and a bag of chips and a Pop-Tart and some pizza rolls. Maybe some cookies too."

5. ALWAYS. HUNGRY

Pro-tip: Bring snacks everywhere you go because who wants to risk even a five minute drive away from home? Better safe than sorry.

6. You're really kind of in a relationship with food.

Okay not kind of... You are. You are legitimately in a relationship with food. Neither of you are ever going to leave each other because of your serious devotion to each other. Take pride in your beautiful relationship!!

7. Hanger is an actual thing.

Hanger is terrifying and I am known to become quite hangry after having not eaten after a few hours. Okay about an hour or two... On a good day...

8. Sometimes you just find yourself eating.

Every once in a while I'll just look down to find a piece of granola bar or cookie in my hand and I have absolutely no clue how it got there...

9. Types of food

There are so many types of food that it completely blows my mind sometimes. How can one possibly choose between them all? Just when I think I'm devoting my dinner time to chicken wings, I see a picture of fried rice and my path decides to veer away.

10. Going out to eat

When going out to eat, your family, friends, peers, etc. tell you not to fill up on bread, chips and salsa or appetizers so you have room for your meal as though that would ever be a problem??

11. "You couldn't possibly have room for dessert"

YOU couldn't possibly be more wrong if you truly think that I will not be ordering a slice of cake right now. That's so cute!

12. Eating healthy

Eating isn't always about consuming carbs on carbs on carbs with some ice cream on top. Sometimes an apple is a pretty good substitute for that cookie you've been eyeing. SOMETIMES. Don't forget to treat yo self.

13. Moderation

Does such a thing exist? Do serving sizes actually exist or are they a myth? The world may never know.

14. Grocerying

You know that saying "Don't go to the store hungry"? Going to the grocery store is quite dangerous for us. We are ALWAYS hungry. You go in thinking you'll just be buying milk and come out with ice cream, chips, queso, four two-liters, a frozen pizza and no milk...How did that happen?

15. Trying to explain your adoration for food to people

It is incredibly hard to explain your love for food to others so just invite them over to eat out of the carton of ice cream sometime. Maybe tell them to bring their own though...

Food is love, food is life. Embrace it. Live it. Love it. Pizza be with you my friends.