15 Things to Keep in Mind for A Successful Sophomore Year

Second Year of College, and You're Gonna Kill It

71
15 Things to Keep in Mind for A  Successful Sophomore Year

For those of you approaching sophomore year in college, there's a definite sort of emotional and mental preparation necessary, as the unique position you're in places you with both wisdom from the previous year, as well as plans to build on the year before.

Therefore, in order to make the second year of the best four years of your life as successful as possible, here is a list of goals for you all to adhere to, which capitalize on the mistakes, and triumphs of freshman year. According to me.

1. Invest in friendships with people older than you.

You can teach them a lot, and learn from them even more.

2. Build relationships with teachers who teach subjects you're passionate about.

Email them, show up at office hours, compliment their classes.

3. The coffee addiction is strong for some but avoidable for others.

Avoid it. Cut down. Start off strong with lots of sleep and a balanced schedule.

4. Make your stupid bed in the morning.

5. Hang pictures of home friends and college friends on your wall.

6. Clip your toenails.

7. Teach freshmen about the school but don't patronize them.

Make friends with them. They're basically your age, and you're not some sort of font of wisdom because you're a year further in school than they are.

8. Become obsessed with your major.

Geek out on it. Become a stereotype of it. That's much better than hating what you're doing.

9. Partying is fun, but being safe and on top of your life is better.

Plan your priorities before taking a shot.

10. If you have a kitchen, cook an egg.

11. Chances are, the boy doesn't or didn't deserve you.

Move on.

12. Dress how you feel like dressing when you wake up in the morning.

13. Say yes as much as you say no.

14. Compete in sports, and board games, and friendly competition.

Don't compete in your classes, or with your friends.

15. Catch yourself talking about shallow things, and then change the topic.