15 Things All Clumsy People Can Relate To

The painful, painful truth...

94
TV Guide

If you're like me then you're not the most graceful person in the world, and you probably feel like the universe just has fun making you look like an idiot. Thankfully for me and all you other clumsy people out there, we have learned to laugh at our pain over the years! If you can relate to the list I've compiled here, you might just be a klutz.

1. Chairs, tables, counters, and pretty much any inanimate objects have it out for you.

And your toes... and your shins... knees... hips..

2. Carrying large or awkward things down stairs is sort of terrifying. (Going up is no picnic either...)

To be honest, I'm surprised I haven't fallen down the stairs yet.

3. Navigating icy walkways without falling on your butt is a victory.

It's no easy feat for graceful people either, but for us klutzes it's a real win.

4. Going a whole day without tripping over flat surfaces or your own feet is also a victory.

It's been a while since I've made it a day without nearly face-planting...

5. Unless you've had some practice, the thought of having to wear heels can keep you up at night.

What if the heel snaps off? Or my ankle does that thing where it gives out and I fall sideways?! I better just wear flats.

6. You drop stuff. A lot.

Phones, food, books... It's no wonder you only hold your newborn nephew when you're sitting down.

7. Some of your closer friends know better than to stand too close when you're holding hot liquids or sharp objects.

Sometimes I get offended, and then I drop something else and I can't really blame them.

8. You (and everyone else) are surprised when your phone screen is crack-free and still working.

I've had my iPhone for nearly five months and I'm quite proud of how many falls it's survived.

9. "It's okay!" and "No, really, I'm fine" are common phrases in your vocabulary.

Until you smash your hip into the corner of a table and then you go down feeling like you've been shot.

10. Looking where you're going is not your strong suit.

I have a real problem with getting lost in thought as I walk to class and trip over myself... or nearly colliding with people... or buildings.

11. Your cuts, bruises, and scars typically have pretty entertaining stories.

Lovely bruise on the underside of my arm from falling off a boat while trying to reassure a friend that she wouldn't fall off...

12. You've dropped your phone or a book on your face before.

Only those of us with fast enough reflexes can turn our head to the side so it lands on our cheek instead of our nose...

13. Doing your nails requires re-doing at least three of them (multiple times).

Who has that kind of patience?!

14. And finally, walking to your seat in front of the class can be rather anxiety-inducing.

Please don't trip, please don't trip, please don't trip...

15. But despite all our stumbles and fumbles, our friends will always be there to pick us up and brush off the dirt!