15 Tattoos To Absolutely Get This Year

15 Tattoos To Absolutely Get This Year

Sometimes we need to wander and find ourselves and become who we are meant to be.
417

I am one of the 45 million people in the U.S. who have at least one tattoo according to a study done by the Statistic Brain Research Institution. There are also 32 percent of Americans who say they are addicted to getting tattoos. As a person who has two tattoos currently and is planning for my third one rather soon, I can say they are highly addictive. If you saw my Pinterest feed you would see tattoo ideas that are being added into my ink board. Currently I only have two on my body, but my mind tells me there are a lot more and I know that I have at least six more laid out to get.

1. Semicolons

The semicolon tattoo is often misunderstood because not everyone knows the meaning. I know that I have had to explain to people when they laugh at the idea that it represents mental health struggles and the importance of suicide prevention. The concept is that a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but instead chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life. A recent trend but has deep meaning. I plan to get it behind my left ear. In 2014 alone, over 43.6 million people in the U.S. over the age of 18 dealt with a mental illness. A movement that gives people hope and a reminder.

2. Mountains

The mountain tattoo has a wide variety of meaning. Many people use it for a love of travel and adventure. Others use it for biblical purposes as it says in Matthew 17:20 (NKJV) "So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you." What ever the meaning is to the person is what really matters. For me it is a reminder of the high and low points in life and that I've got to cherish both.

3. Other Languages

Yes, we have all seen those memes about other language tattoos of the person from an Asian country getting an English tattoo they thing means something else but instead it says french fries. These are tricky but becoming more and more common. I understand the appeal of them, considering mine are both in Hebrew. It gives me a connection to my heritage but also a conversation start because not many people can read Hebrew. I would just make sure you talk to someone fluent in the language or do a lot of research prior to tattooing another language on your body, Google Translate does not count.

4. Disney

I am a HUGE Disney fan, but it is not likely that I would ever get a Disney tattoo. They are definitely many that are cute and memorable. Favorite characters or quotes from the movies are on the rise in the list of popular tattoos. Many movies to choose from and even people get Cinderella's castle as their tattoo. A strong Disney symbol as a whole.

5. Sports

Obviously sport tattoos are a must for all the athletes out there who love their sport. People also will get their favorite sports team's logo or something of a similar nature to it. I picked the soccer ball in the word love simply because it is my favorite sport and the idea is adorable. It has been seen where just the object of the sport stands alone somewhere. These are easy tattoos that can be in many different shapes, sizes and locations.

6. The World

Another common and growing tattoo with many different meanings. It is used for travel and adventure along with the mountains. I think it to mean more about the unity that we have as people. That we may live in different places and in different ways but we are still one. Reminding me that my ancestry stems from many different countries.

7. "Not all who wander are lost"

A tattoo that is either just the quote, the compass, or both. Either way, it is seen is a great tattoo that can be located any where. Saying that just because we wander does not mean we must also be lost. Sometimes we need to wander and find ourselves and become who we are meant to be.

8. Cancer Remembrance

A ribbon that has the power of remembrance or awareness. It can either stand alone, as just a ribbon, or can be incorporated with words. I think this is a sentimental tattoo for someone who either had cancer, someone who knows someone with cancer, or someone who knows someone who died from cancer. The ribbon would be accurately chosen based on the color for that cancer. I symbol of hope when it is slim.

9. Infinity

Used for many purposes like faith, friends, and/or family. Simple and very easy to do the tattoo is eternal (pun intended).

10. "Walk by faith"

A form of faith tattoo that is most commonly placed on the person's foot. There are many different designs for this tattoo so it can still be unique to the person who chooses to get this one.

11. Heartbeats

A design that is used for many things. One of my most favorite is a newer trend that people have done is to get a heartbeat from and EKG that a loved one had prior to their death. Sometimes it is followed with a heart design or the death date. A sentimental way to remember people who have passed on.

12. Family

This tattoo is for those people who are close with their family and are an important aspect of their lives. Many many ways that this can be done. There are sibling tattoos, ones to get for your parents, or the family as a whole. It is up to you to decide the style and location of the tattoo.

13. Pain/Strength

This is one that appeals to me simply because all of us have pain and we get stronger from it. I plan on getting some sort of strength tattoo on the back of my shoulder one day. There are so many quotes and things that you can live by it is hard to choose. With pain comes strength!

14. Cross

A small little tattoo that is a reminder of something grand. Obviously this symbol doesn't mean the same for everyone but those believes can get another symbol that means something to them on the had. I nice location you just have to be careful of rubbing because that causes fading. I would get the symbol on the index finger to be more visible and not worrying about fading as much.

15. Quotes

An idea that has endless possibilities. This is a quote that I really appreciate and it was said by a fellow writer. I plan to get this with a tree on the outside of my right foot with a tree going up too. Something that means a great deal to myself. Finding a favorite quote by someone is a neat thing to try.

Whatever you choose to put on your body, make sure that you are prepared for the long run. Makes sure it means something to you. As long as it has meaning then you are good to go. Just don't go crazy, like I said they are addicting and once you start it is hard to stop. Have no regrets and make the right decision for you. Just makes sure it is all spelt correctly...