10 Songs You Need On Your Alternative Playlist

Whether you're new to alt or it's your go to genre, these are some of my favorite songs. While most concerts have been postponed, create your own concert at home with these on your playlist.

Hurt by Oliver Tree

Tik Tok has definitely expanded my musical library, but Hurt is by far one of my favorite finds. This song can empower you through a breakup, or just be a mood lifter.

Skeletons by Yeah Yeah Yeahs

If you like synth music, this one's for you. Skeletons plays at the climax of the movie Before I Fall, and it gives your body a rush of emotions.

bloody valentine by Machine Gun Kelly

In a much welcomed switch from rap to alternative, MGK writes about a toxic relationship.

Still by The Japanese House

The Japanese House has tons of chill hits, but this one tops the list. Another post breakup song that makes you feel some type of way. Favorite line: I still wake up with you every morning like we're still dead.

R U Mine? by Arctic Monkeys

If you haven't heard of the Arctic Monkeys, you must've grown up in a cave. Call me basic, but this is definitely their best hit.

Lovewave by The 1-800

The 1-800 isn't a huge band, but don't discredit them. Lovewave has the perfect blend of guitar and techno that makes your life feel like a movie scene.

i was all over her by salvia palth

Another Tik Tok find, yet this one is the slowest and grungiest of them all. The vocals are quiet and something about the instrumentals draws you in.

Not My Baby by Alvvays

A little more on the chill side, this song is still empowering and feminism friendly.

Ribs by Lorde

Lorde discusses her fear of getting older and romanticizes the teenager lifestyle in Ribs. The best time to listen to this song is when you want to ponder your life choices, or oppositely, have a jam sesh with your friends.

Love It If We Made It by The 1975

Saving the best for last, The 1975 simultaneously makes you scream the lyrics and ponder different social issues facing America and the global community. From a tribute to Lil Peep to quoting Donald Trump, this song really hits home.

Give these a try, I promise they can change your music taste; some might even change your life. DM me on my socials if you want to give me feedback or want to see an updated list later on!