15 Shopping Mistakes Every Girl Falls For

Stop buying outfits you'll never wear.

Some girls love to shop, some girls hate to shop, but every girl has made her fair amount of mistakes shopping. As you get extra cash in your pocket from that new job or extra babysitting gigs, keep these mistakes in mind and maybe try not to make them this time around.

1. Blowing way too much money on one item

Everyone has that one sweater they won't tell you how much it cost.

2. Getting an item for when you lose weight

Don't buy goal pants, they just make you feel worse when they don't zip.

3. Buying daring clothes you'll never wear out of the house

Oh yes, the dress that looks like lingerie is totally a responsible purchase.

4. Spending way too much money on a theme outfit

Is the Instagram post really worth forty dollars?

5. Buying an item eerily similar to an item you already have

Just, look at your closet before you leave.

6. Buying something because a salesperson helped you

They don't get commission and they probably don't care.

7. Defeat sales

You've been looking all day and just want to buy something. Weak.

8. Brand shopping

Just because it's Vera Bradley doesn't mean it's actually cute.

9. Buying matching outfits with your friends

You're not the Olsen twins. Just color coordinate if you have to.

10. Refusing to change sizes

Going from a S to an M is not a big deal, stop sparing your comfort over stupid little letters.

11. Red carpet shopping

Yes, Jessica, that would look great on the red carpet, but you're never going on one.

12. Buying something out of season on clearance

That sweater is going to be itchy and out of style by the time winter gets here.

13. Buying a trendy piece you hate

Don't like overalls? Easy fix: don't buy them.

14. Refusing to buy second hand

It's like a treasure hunt all on its own. And it's not ridiculously overpriced.

15. Splurging a big paycheck

Just because you made more that doesn't mean you have to spend more.