Some girls love to shop, some girls hate to shop, but every girl has made her fair amount of mistakes shopping. As you get extra cash in your pocket from that new job or extra babysitting gigs, keep these mistakes in mind and maybe try not to make them this time around.
1. Blowing way too much money on one item
Everyone has that one sweater they won't tell you how much it cost.
2. Getting an item for when you lose weight
Don't buy goal pants, they just make you feel worse when they don't zip.
3. Buying daring clothes you'll never wear out of the house
Oh yes, the dress that looks like lingerie is totally a responsible purchase.
4. Spending way too much money on a theme outfit
Is the Instagram post really worth forty dollars?
5. Buying an item eerily similar to an item you already have
Just, look at your closet before you leave.
6. Buying something because a salesperson helped you
They don't get commission and they probably don't care.
7. Defeat sales
You've been looking all day and just want to buy something. Weak.
8. Brand shopping
Just because it's Vera Bradley doesn't mean it's actually cute.
9. Buying matching outfits with your friends
You're not the Olsen twins. Just color coordinate if you have to.
10. Refusing to change sizes
Going from a S to an M is not a big deal, stop sparing your comfort over stupid little letters.
11. Red carpet shopping
Yes, Jessica, that would look great on the red carpet, but you're never going on one.
12. Buying something out of season on clearance
That sweater is going to be itchy and out of style by the time winter gets here.
13. Buying a trendy piece you hate
Don't like overalls? Easy fix: don't buy them.
14. Refusing to buy second hand
It's like a treasure hunt all on its own. And it's not ridiculously overpriced.
15. Splurging a big paycheck
Just because you made more that doesn't mean you have to spend more.