8 Rupi Kaur Poems that got me through a break up!

There's no doubt break ups are hard, But here's a few words of wisdom from Rupi Kaur, that helped me get through mine!

445
couple
Colette Wright

Break ups are rough!!! To say the least. Especially when you feel as though you're all alone, and that no one understands what you are going through! A broken heart is unfortunately something we inevitably will all face. Its hard to accept the fact that as much as you may want something it is not always the best thing for you! If I've learned anything in the two months since my break up it is that it is OKAY to cry, it is OKAY to miss them, it is OKAY to think about them, and it is especially OKAY to MOVE ON. Feeling all of these emotions can often re open wounds we thought were closed, but our ability to feel all of our emotions , express them and then prevail is one of the most amazing traits us humans have! Here are some of the Rupi Kaur quotes that taught me its okay to cry, to miss, to think, and then to finally move on.

When I'm feeling all sorts of emotions

Follow this list!!!! DO IT ALL! Treat yourself!

when I miss you

Wanting someone vs. needing someone is a thing we all must learn to decipher. Know that you don't need that person in your life, though you may want them to be in it! The only person YOU need in this world Is YOURSELF.

when I'm moving on

Understand that holding on to all the hatred and anger isn't worth it, and when the apology does come. (because it will) know it is okay to forgive and it I also okay to leave then on "read" and go on with life! either way you are Strong

When I need to cry

AHHH this one. I feel this every single time I listen to "Heaven" by Kane Brown. I always begin to think about him and miss him most when this plays. Even though I change the station almost immediately, the song continues to play in my head, and I find myself wishing you would just come back!

When I need to cry

The exact encounter me and my mom had on June 06, the day he broke my heart in 10000 pieces. I still find myself coming to his defense. when I am talking to my family or my friends. Once they say a negative thing about him I always follow it will a positive.. Though he really doesn't deserve it!

When I think about you

If you had a nasty break up like mine, just know that they probably lied and made you look like the bad person! They lied because they knew deep down how wrong they were and that even the people who love them most would see the wrong in their actions. They most likely made themselves out to be the warm place while you were the one to turn them cold. Don't ponder on this thought. it doesn't matter what they think or what they "think" they know, you and your ex know the truth!And that alone will eat away at them forever!

When I miss you

It's okay to move on! Go on dates, flirt on bumble, swipe right on every guy you see on tinder! Do whatever helps you! and whatever you do, DO NOT FEEL GUILTY! Though falling out of love with someone sucks, remember how good it felt to fall in love in the first place. don't hold back.. cause odds are they aren't!

when I'm moving on

Know you are your own best friend! and thats okay, I've learned to love myself so much more! You don't need a man to define your beauty, or your intelligence, or your worth!! Self love honeys ( and a special thanks to Jules for reminding me to love my self every day)