15 Reasons Why I Love The Odyssey

15 Reasons Why I Love The Odyssey

15 Reasons Why I Love Writing And Editing For The Odyssey

31
15 Reasons Why I Love The Odyssey
The Odyssey Online

When I got asked to write for the Odyssey back in March, I didn't hesitate to say yes. Let me tell you, that was the best decision of my life. Since I've joined the team, I've become a better writer and communicator. I get to write about things that interest and concern me, and some of the articles I've had friends tell me that what I've written have helped them or made them laugh. BUT i have a list of reasons why I LOVE writing and being an Editor for the Odyssey:

1. I Can Write About Whatever I Want

2. My Team is AMAZING

3. Weekly Articles are A Lot More Fun Than They Sound

4. Hearing People Say They Enjoy My Articles Motivates Me

5. Being an EIC Has Introduced Me to Some AMAZING people

6. Writing is my life...

7. Weekly checkins with the EIC tend to be very fun and/or rant sessions!

8. My creators make me proud week after week

9. It gives me a voice

10. Nothing beats getting the email saying your article has been published

11. Getting emails saying someone submitted an article

12. I have the most welcoming group EVER!

13. Getting asked what the Odyssey is

14. Seeing not only my articles but also my team members articles shared on social media.

15. Getting requests from people to join the team

Although I have many more, I've decided to keep the list {semi} short. Hope you enjoy! If any non Odyssey team members have any questions or are interested feel free to reach out to me!