15 Reasons Having A Cousin As Your Sibling Is Simply The Best

If you're lucky enough to have a cousin as your partner in crime, let them know you love them!

180
Shelly Rinehart

As someone who grew up an only child, my favorite (and least favorite) playmates were always my cousins. If you have a cousin turned sibling, you'll know exactly what I mean. They get on your nerves the same way a true sibling would, they're at every family gathering, they steal your clothes, they make you laugh, and they make you cry, but they're your person all the same. As the years have gone by, I'm so glad that I've grown so close to mine. She's like a little sister and best friend all in one. Here are just a few of the many reasons that having your cousin as your sibling is simply the best.

1. They know exactly how to bring out your ugly laugh.

And you better believe they'll try to get it on camera, too, if they're not already ugly laughing themselves.

2. They're always there for you.

When you need a date to a dance, they've got you covered (blue lipstick and all)!

3. They tell you when you're being ridiculous.

They know your B.S. better than anyone and can tell you to stop it before you even start.

4. If you need space, you can have it because you don't live together.

That doesn't mean you don't still intentionally annoy each other, but the possibility is still there.

5. Sleepovers. Always.

With lots of slap-happy cry-laughing and getting yelled at to be quiet.

6. You can escape to the other's house when needed.

Sometimes you just need a break.

7. You have a buddy at all family functions.

There's never a dull moment at what may be a long, boring family function when they're there. And lucky for you, they're always there!

8. They know all your family's drama.

It's always nice to have someone to vent to that fully understands your situation and the people involved.

9. You can have full conversations with only random noises and inside jokes.

Enough said.

10. Double the number of outfits.

When you both have slightly different senses of style, you'll always have what you need for any occasion between the two of you.

11. They're the best photographers.

Impromptu photo shoots in unexpectedly pretty places are a must, and they won't leave until you've got the most aesthetic shots possible.

12. Always down for an adventure.

And stupid photos while on said adventures.

13. They're just different enough from you to keep things interesting.

You're not carbon copies of each other, which makes for endless possibilities when you're together (good and bad).

14. They'll tell you if you're looking rough.

Whether you have food in your teeth, your make-up is unblended, your foundation doesn't match your skin, or you're just generally undone, they will be the first to let you know (and help you fix it).

15. They'll love you no matter what.

When it comes down to it, they're your person and you wouldn't have it any other way.

If you have a cousin that impacts your life in the best ways possible, share this with them to let them know how much they are loved and appreciated! It's not every day that you find a best friend for life, especially one that's been there from the very beginning.