15 Quotes For The Girl Who Doesn't Know What She's Doing With Her Life

Sometimes, you don't know what your next step is—and that's OK.

8805

About passions:

1. "Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will." – Karim Seddiki

If you are lucky enough to have found something that makes you want to get out of bed in the morning, chase it. Who cares if only four other people are doing it? Become the fifth.

2. "Don't let small minds convince you that your dreams are too big." -Anonymous

3. "I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener." - Anonymous

Who cares what your dad's sister's husband's niece is doing? What are you doing to make your life what you want it to be? Are you doing the best you can? That's all that matters.

4. "Giving up on your goal because of one setback is like slashing your other tires because you got a flat." - Anonymous

5. "Just be yourself. Let people see the real, imperfect, flawed, quirky, weird, beautiful magical person that you are." – Mandy Hale

About love:

6. "Forgive them even if they're not sorry." - Anonymous

There's a reason so many Indian proverbs are written about the toll holding a grudge takes. Let it go and find your own peace.

7. "It's okay to walk out of someone's life if you don't feel like you belong in it anymore." - Anonymous

It's OK if your high school sweetheart isn't the boy you take to formal, and it's OK if the boy you take to formal isn't your soulmate. It's fine if the girls you went to all these formals with aren't worthy of being your bridesmaids. You're allowed to decide at any moment that someone isn't being a very positive influence on you and it's OK to call it quits on any relationship—at any time, for any reason.

8. "Never apologize for having high standards. People who really want to be in your life will rise up to meet them." - Anonymous

9. "Give the ones you love wings to fly, roots to come back, and reasons to stay." – Dalai Lama

10. "Never put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket." - Anonymous

It's not selfish to try to make yourself happy. Stop telling yourself that.

About the future:

11. "It's not about being the best; it's about being better than you were yesterday." - Anonymous

12. "Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day." - Anonymous

13. "What matters most is how well you walk through the fire." – Charles Bukowski

Don't worry so much about the promotion or the new phone or the vacation. The greatest memories you have and what will define you is the grace with which you handled your darkest moments, not your brightest.

14. "I love the smell of possibility in the morning." - Anonymous

15. "The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away." – William Shakespeare

You're so incredibly young, and you have so many things to offer this world. Don't worry if you aren't climbing the corporate ladder at 21 years old. Live your life and aspire for greatness.

But now? Take a nap, call your mom, or make some soup from scratch. There's only one thing I know that can keep a millennial down: a cracked heel. So, rip it off and run through the sun shower. You're doing great, even if it doesn't always feel like it. Try again tomorrow and the day the after. And try to make each day after that even better. Find time for love, for what you love but you can't quite get paid for, and for the things they will pay you for. Make time in your life for what gets you out of bed at 6 a.m. and what keeps you up until then, too. As Ferris Bueller once said, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop to look around every once in a while, you might miss it."