15 Moments Every Girl Experiences During Formal

Portrayed by the cast of Bob’s Burgers (and Beyonce).

8
Sean McGrath

Formal was this Saturday, and I don’t know about you, but I spent the night before making some final preparations. I was with a few friends and we were hanging out, helping each other decide on hairstyles and whether or not she should go with the hot pink or light pink lipstick.

I had a really great time with them and it was a great stress relief, but we had some issues of our own.

1. You think your dress doesn’t fit, but your friend zips it.

Gene is squeezing Louise almost as tight as corsets squeeze my rib cage

2. Being able to move in your dress

I might not be able to sit down, but I can walk.

3. Your dress is too tight (and it feels like you can’t breathe).

Ask and you shall receive.

4. Tulle.

No one notices how awful tulle is until they actually wear it.

5. Multi-tasking your hair AND make-up.

Doing my mascara while someone else does my hair requires a lot of coordination that I do not have.

6. Smudging your make-up (and making yourself look like a raccoon).

A cute raccoon.

7. Your jewelry gets caught in your hair.

The worst part is when your hair gets caught in someone else's jewelry.

8. You think you don’t look good (and then tell yourself you do, because you are gorgeous).

I am both Linda and Bob.

9. That one person tells you don’t look good (and you know they’re wrong).

You DO NOT need that kind of negativity in your life.

10. You’re finally ready.

I wish I had Tina's confidence.

11. You’ve only been there for ten minutes and your feet are already dying.

Should have gone with the flaws, but the heels look better.

12. You forget you’re wearing make-up and rub your eyes.

And you die a little inside.

13. That one friend that pulls you onto the dance floor.

What would you do without them? (Honestly? Probably nothing.)

14. You’re (finally) dancing and having a good time.

All the single ladies know what's up.

15. The moment when you get home and can finally take your dress off.

Nothing beats pajamas and a chill session on the couch after a long night of dancing.