15 Literary Quotes For Your Inner Dreamer

Pragmatic men may move the gears of the world, but the dreamers are the ones who will save it.
611

Literature has a way of opening doors in our minds that we could never open on our own, an outpouring of human knowledge we can hold in our hands. We, the dreamers, are allowed to escape into these mini world by virtue of the authors that create them. Here are 15 quotes from the best literature around to delight your inner dreamer.

1. Wuthering Heights

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."

2. Days of Blood and Starlight

"Mercy, she discovered, made mad alchemy: a drop of it could pollute a lake of hate.”

3. Infinite Jest

"Everybody is identical in their secret unspoken belief that way deep down they are different from everyone else.”

4. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

"Sometimes I can feel my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I’m not living.”

5. Hamlet

"Doubt thou that the stars are fire, doubt that the sun doth move, doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt I love.”

6. Alice in Wonderland

"I can’t go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.”

7. Empire of Storms

"Even when this world is a forgotten whisper of dust between the stars, I will always love you.”

8. Les Miserables

"I met in the street a very poor young man who was in love. His hat was old, his coat was threadbare – there were holes at his elbows; the water passed through his shoes and the stars through his soul.”

9. A Tale of Two Cities

"You kindled me, heap of ashes that I am, into fire.”

10. A Court of Mist and Fury

"I was his and he was mine, and we were the beginning and middle and end. We were a song that had been sung from the very first ember of light in the world.”

11. Eleanor & Park

"Eleanor was right. She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn’t supposed to look nice; it was supposed to make you feel something.”

12. Catherine Called Birdy

"Just as a river by night shines with the light of the moon, so too do you shine with the light of your family, your people, and your God. So you are never far from home, never alone, wherever you go.”

13. Days of Blood and Starlight

"I am one of billions. I am stardust gathered fleetingly into form. I will be ungathered. The stardust will go on to be other things someday and I will be free.”

14. Set in Darkness

"My soul may set in darkness, but it will rise in perfect light; I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."

15. Strange the Dreamer

"It was impossible, of course. But when did that ever stop any dreamer from dreaming?”

Remember, pragmatic men may turn the gears of the world, but it is the dreamers who will save it.