15 Ways You've Shown Your "Hamilton" Obsession

There's nothing in the world quite like "Hamilton," and we've all been listening "Non-Stop" for months now.

306

"Hamilton" has been my most recent and also my most zealous obsession over the past few weeks. Every time any of my friends sees "Hamilton" pop up on their Facebook feed, they will undoubtedly tag me in the post and just fuel my obsession even more. There are a million reasons "Hamilton" is the best Broadway musical this year, and it's definitely for more reasons than because this original score is so great, but hey, it's nothing to complain about, so I'll just keep playing the "Hamilton" soundtrack all day and night.

1. First things first, you know are obsessed because you have got this soundtrack on "Non-Stop," and yes, that's a reference to one of the most beautiful songs to close an act, ever. I only say this because "Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story" has way too many feelings to want to reference more than once in this article – I don’t want you all crying on your keyboards.

2. "I Am Not Throwing Away My Shot" is your new mantra to get you through absolutely everything

3. You have decided who is Burr and who is Hamilton when singing "Your Obedient Servant."

4. You have definitely looked online for Hamilton products just to showcase your new favorite musical.

5. You might be more interested in historical politics now than you ever were during your AP US History class.

6. You have a favorite song that someone in your life is so tired of hearing you belt at the top of your lungs for hours on end. For me, that song is "Satisfied and Burn." And yes, I'm going to keep singing.

7. Lin-Manuel Miranda is literally perfection and you are more than obsessed with him. I mean, have you seen this video of him rapping to Emma Watson's beatboxing? Perfection.

8. Your standards in a significant other now include "a mind at work."

9. Not only do you know how to count to ten in French, you also know the Ten Duel Commandments, and you also cry when you think about how they combined those two songs...

10. If you spent most of the play thinking Eliza was naïve, Burn reminded you that all women are tough and strong creatures whom you should never cross.

11. You might have a ten dollar bill in your wallet just so can see the face of your new favorite perfectly imperfect main man, Hamilton.

12. Finish this sentence: "How does a bastard, orphan, son of a whore..." If you asked, "For which song?", you are definitely obsessed.

13. You might want to write letters because apparently there is nothing so good as holding a letter to determine your fate. Whether it's to find the man you're marrying, talking to your already-married lover, burning away your memories, or determining a feud, I can guarantee a text message will never offer you that much satisfaction.

14. You are undeniably "Ham4Ham" and praying for the day when you get to take part in the show's unique and incredible lottery.

15. You're ready to just listen to your soundtrack for the next five years until you can get a ticket because it's unlikely you'll win the "Ham4Ham" lottery anyway.

"Hamilton" has definitely won over all of our hearts, and yeah, I might be jumping on this bandwagon a little bit late, because I never believe I'll fall in love with super popular music (especially when it's about history?), but seriously, this musical is so beautiful and worth every moment of my life that I've spent listening to it.