15 Half-Genius (And Dirt Cheap) Halloween Costumes For College Kids

There's no need to spend a fortune on something clever.
312

As a college student, you shouldn't have to sacrifice your hard-earned paycheck for an unforgettable Halloween costume. You have tuition, bills, groceries, and a million other things to spend your pretty penny on -- and this year, your costume doesn't have to be one. To avoid being costumeless (and broke) this upcoming holiday, check out these half-genius, creative, and funny costume ideas that won't cost you a dime.

1. A Formal Apology

How to pull it off: Slip on a fancy dress or suit, write "I'm sorry" on some card stock and string that bad boy around your neck. The perfect "I just came from work and don't feel like going to this party" costume.

2. Static Cling

How to pull it off: Safety pin some old socks, balloons, and the entire world to your clothes and viola! If you avoid brushing your hair for a week, that'll probably serve the look, too.

3. Center of the Universe

How to pull it off: Wear all black. Print out pictures of planets in the solar system, along with some comets or aliens, and tape 'em to yourself. The more the merrier.

4. Nudist on Strike

How to pull it off: Hate dressing up for Halloween? Here's your go-to. Make a sign that says "nudist on strike" and BOOM. Hashtag brilliant.

5. Walk of Shame

How to pull it off: Wear your bangin' heels, boxers, a baggy t-shirt, and flashy statement necklace. Bonus points if you actually wear the heels for longer than 10 minutes.

6. Error 404: Costume Not Found

How to pull it off: Do you have a t-shirt? Do you have a sharpie? You have a costume, I think.

7. Self Portrait

How to pull it off: Take that frame off the wall, remove the photo and glass, and stick your face in. Easy as pie.

8. A Ceiling Fan

How to pull it off: Take an old t-shirt and sharpie and write a supportive somethin' for them glorious ceilings. Pom poms, flags, and facepaint are optional but highly recommended.

9. A Hot Mess

How to pull it off: Do your hair and makeup to the nines, let your mascara run, smudge your lipstick, and put on a smokin' hot outfit that you either purposely or not so purposely will spill your drink all over.

10. Fork in the Road

How to pull it off: Wear a basic black t-shirt, artistically assemble some electrical tape in a "median" fashion, and stick on a fork. Go big or go home.

11. Identity Thief

How to pull it off: The only thing you need for this one are one thousand "HELLO, my name is:" stickers and the brainpower to come up with some names. Or use Google because #college.

12. Facebook

How to pull it off: Yeah, I'm not even gonna go there...

13. Superfan

How to pull it off: Wear your super fan gear. All of it. Less is not more. More is more, and that is a fact.

14. Candy Rapper

How to pull it off: Rep your favorite rapper, slide on some killer shades, and pin candy wrappers all over your body. Side note: Despite what you may be telling yourself, this is, indeed, the perfect excuse to eat buckets of candy.

15. Fifty Shades of Grey

How to pull it off: Wear gray. A lot of gray, and preferably 50 shades.

Cover Image Credit: https://images.playboy.com/playboy-digital/image/fetch/s--sOCPRKkx--/c_fit,h_1024,q_80,w_1024%2Fhttp%3A%2F%2Fimages-origin.playboy.com%2Fogz4nxetbde6%2F2bP9mx1Ji82USSI6QE8ymC%2F24de7c64998e0e5db58843a8dcbfa4df%2F10-halloween-costume-puns.JPG